Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is good to brush on flag staffs,swords etc. to prevent paint flaking off?

Like Allan, I use multi-figure bases but I also recommend Vallejo white primer as an undercoat. Flaking paint is virtually unheard of.

There's the old fall-back of coating the "bendy bit" either before or after or both with PVC glue. I haven't done it for years thanks to the Vallejo but it certainly works too.

Re: What is good to brush on flag staffs,swords etc. to prevent paint flaking off?

I use a spray on plastic bonding paint like "Fusion" (here in the States) as a primer; paint with acrylics and then seal with an acrylic sealant - it has almost completely eliminated flaking and chipping.

I'm not aware of any brush on stuff, but try Plastidip spray. It's sprayable rubber that doesn't let the paint go off.

I'm using Vallejo primers and can only recommend them. Be sure however, to finish your paint job with a coat or two of varnish. I usually go for one gloss and one matt coat.

What brand of varnish do you use? (just googled some).Do you cover the entire figure or just problem areas?

THX

Bob

I use brush on varnishes. The gloss one is the Lefranc & Bourgeois gloss varnish for acrylic paintings and the matte ones I use are the Vallejo Polyurethane Matt varnish and occasionally the AK Ultra Matte varnish.

I cover the entire figures to protect them from handling.