Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which plastic figures would be best to convert to American War of 1812

Bob Richman
I think I heard about this suggestion some time ago. Can you please be a little more specific so I can locate some illustrations. I've wanted to do a diorama of The Battle of New Orleans. I have ideas for pirates and Indians. Not sure what artillery to use either. I'm pretty sure I read there were Scots light infantry in trousers at the battle,but thought I'd go with Strelets Highlanders advancing like in the movie "The Buccaneer".

Bob

The 93rd Foot "Sutherland Highlanders" in tartan trews and forage cap in the New Orleans campaign - no kilts or feather bonnets worn in the War of 1812

Re: Which plastic figures would be best to convert to American War of 1812

To add to Steve's reply (riding the coat-tails again! :) )

The heads/hats from the Imex Alamo regulars with peaks removed and a little dob of putty/modelling clay put onto a British line figure does nicely for these Scots'. Now, of course, there are Strelets' figures that can be decapitated.

I missed the artillery in your previous (save for the naval/pirates). For US regulars I simply used converted Airfix British infantry as I did not have any spare RA gunners. British guns are perfect for the field guns.