Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New British Infantry

I agree, lovely, but only 44 figures why not 48 with two command sprues, far more useful

Maybe Strelets could also sell extra command sprues, with a couple of new poses, in a new Mini-Set format :thinking_face:

Great idea

Baratheon
Maybe Strelets could also sell extra command sprues, with a couple of new poses, in a new Mini-Set format :thinking_face:
That would be a brilliant idea for Napoleonic & ACW sets too!

Re: Great idea

Paint dog
Baratheon
That would be a brilliant idea for Napoleonic & ACW sets too!
I agree....good idea.

Baratheon, you should get a job marketing for Strelets and Linear a!

This is an excellent suggestion for command sprues boxed into mini sets, as were your suggestions for Roman artillery (although these may have been in linear a's plans already, as you said). They'd be great for Napoleonics where most nations used a flag per battalion and most wargamers like to have command stands with every 'unit'/sub-unit (also ACW as Donald says).

These small sets seem to be gaining a bit of momentum, which is both good and bad, I think. A balance of cost v flexibility. Zvezda’s Art of Tactic sets are relatively expensive for what you get (I still purchased a few of them out of interest and for variety, so more fool me, I guess). I thought Hat’s sampler sets were a bit of a weird idea when they first came out, but have warmed to them. The linear a mini ones look to be the pick of them so far (we'll see what the price is, of course). A fewer number of figures for a subject for which most wargamers/collectors/diorama makers are likely to want/require fewer. An interesting development on Strelets' own mini range.

Mind you, what would be more desirable, four mini sprues each with four or five figures, or 10 to 12 mini sprues to make a Strelets M box at 40–50 figures? (Running ahead just a tad here, but never mind!)

Yes, good point about the price and what you get James - I've bought only 2 Art of Tactic sets so far for that reason. Simply put those sets should contain more figures for their price for me to buy more. At the moment, my money has been going into buying full size sets (~48 figures) instead of 2-3 Art of Tactic sets (~8-12 figures) for the same cost.

So for the Linear Mini-Sets, I would like to get a minimum of 12 figures (e.g. 3 sprues of 4 figures or 1 artillery piece + 6 crew) for not more than GBP3.50/set. If so, I would happily put multiple quantities on my buy list. If not, maybe just one of each unique/interesting set.

In my opinion, Linear-A and Strelets (if they produce Mini-Sets later) need to offer more figures per set than Zvezda for the same price or cheaper to compete and beat them.

I agree Alessandro, they look great. Interesting poses, lots of detail and variety.

I am particularly interested to see Strelets use the circular sprue ('circle of life'!). I have seen this with recent sets from linear a and Dark Alliance and like it a lot. The figures are easy to remove and there's less plastic in the sprue (to go into the box that I keep in the hope of finding sufficient uses for them).

Magnificent! Great together with the advancing set. Will there be a set for making a firing line as well?

On another note, just read Falkner's book "The war of spanish succession". Great overwiew of the conflict! Now into Chartrand's "Armies and wars of the Sun king Vol. 1". Great uniform guide and general info for the French of the era!

You are right James, the circular sprue is indeed more comfortable to remove.