Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ultracast Plastic Figures, a new technology?

PSC posted a few weeks ago that they were conducting trials of a new process that if successful it would be able to release a Lot of plastic soldier sets in a very short timescale.
Mind you they would have to go some to beat Strelets.:grinning:

It's this technology: https://www.siocast.com/

Resin?

I too was fascinated by PSC teaser , doing them fast is fine, but the quality of the poses needs to be good too, so lets wait and see.

The Holy Grail for plastic soldiers or another false dawn the claims from the mortem et gloriam website sound too good to be true but this might be a break through in producing plastic figures I think we should keep our eye on these figures.

Ultracast is the latest in plastic production technology! It is somewhat different to the injection-moulded kits we are already famous for:

It’s got a bit of flex in it – this is so important for guns barrels and spear shafts. This overcomes one of our primary concerns with injection-moulded miniatures, and we’re really pleased with the result. We’re a clumsy bunch here at PSC and can confirm that to snap this plastic you’d need to do something far more drastic than dropping a model on the floor or knocking it with your hand!

It can be glued with ‘superglue’ rather than polystyrene cement.

Detail is sharp – when painting our new plastic, we’ve applied washes just as we would to metal miniatures. And speaking of paint…

It takes paint really well – the plastic takes acrylic and enamel paint very well with no preparation needed.

No need to undercoat –we’ve achieved great results painting directly onto the plastic.

Our sculptors can use undercuts exactly as they would with a metal model. No more awkward fills.

Sounds pretty good... I await the results with interest...

Brian

pre-order site

kindly show the figures, nobody will pre-order only looks at box arts

Re: Brian

LI
pre-order site

kindly show the figures, nobody will pre-order only looks at box arts
Hello LI,

Sorry I have no connection with the Plastic Soldier Company or their Mortem et Gloriam range of 15mm figures I am just following their website information much like you, I would suggest sending them an email good luck.

info@theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk

https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/

So...it's like Reaper Bones. Nothing new.