Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Linear a's legionaries in training

James Fisher
I had not noticed those Baratheon, how fabulous. You suggested those subjects previously, so did you have a premonition or some inside running?!

Waterloo after battle sounds most interesting.
Hi James,

No inside knowledge but either we just think alike and it was coincidence, or maybe they liked my suggestions and agreed (assuming they read the thread)? I know Strelets have already produced a set with the Onager, but I'm hoping the Linear Roman Artillery sets will also have 3-4 new figure sculpts, and maybe a couple of them in each set could be interchangeable between the different artillery pieces to add variety? Regardless, I intend to acquire dozens of artillery pieces for my army!

Here are some more ideas that they could easily add to their small set line:

1. Testudo - as seen in the photo below we just need 4 different poses. But add another infantryman holding shield over his head, because we need more of them (or have figure(s) where the shields can attach to different parts as desired). Multiple sprues/sets could create a testudo (size/depth determined by number of sets you buy).

2. Shield wall - in the photo below we just need 3 poses to form a segment of a wall. Add 1 support infantryman and/or officer for the rear. Again, multiple sprues/sets could create a wall (length determined by number of sets you buy).

3. Roman Camp - maybe 2-3 figures plus tent and/or accessories?

4. Roman baggage train - maybe 2 different set variants (one with oxen, another one with mules)? Each set with 2-3 Romans pushing, pulling, leading/guiding?

5. Roman dead - 4-5 different poses?

6. Roman engineers - 4-5 different poses? Two variant sets for building roads or fortifications?

Are there any other ideas?

Re: Linear a's legionaries in training

James Fisher
These are looking good too.
https://www.linear-a.de/new-master-figures-from-linear-a-preview/mini-sets/

Inspired yet again by fabulous images from the wonderful Peter Connolly who brought ancient Rome and Greece to life for so many of us. His memory and work lives on!

As Baratheon said, it will be interesting to see just how mini they are, i.e. how many spues per box.
Thank you for posting James. They do make nice Roman themed sets. I bought several of the "Varus, give me back my Legions" set especially for the Legionnaire on the cover and in the set up against the tree who does portray the forest battle results. I, too, look forward to their upcoming sets.