Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Possibly useful civilian men and women - aprrox 1850 - 1920

Though not the best sculpted, I have about 100 old Aifix wagon train civilians which fit in nicely in my diormas involving buildings and towns etc...…

I still think it is time to retire the Streltsi bonus figures and include a civilian from the same era as the set as a bonus figure. If I buy a WWII set or a Dark Age set then a figure from that period is going to be far more use to me than a 16th century Russian that I don't collect. It would make me even more keen to get the other sets from a period if I knew that as well as building up my armies I would be acquiring a complementary little band of civilians.

This is a fantastic suggestion.

The bonus Streltsi have been a lovely signature touch but I don’t really need or want any more. Bonus civilians would be a great alternative.

Civilians in plastic in any scale are pretty scarce - any would be welcome.

I think Strelets should make some American Civil War civilians. They would be great for
dioramas. Civilians cheering marching troops, runaways from plantations, plantation life sets,
Missouri Guerrillas, camp followers, sutlers, etc., etc.

We all want civilians for our favourite eras but one man's meat is another man's poison on this issue. I could equally ask for Dark Age, medieval or WWII civilians but such sets would be of no interest whatsoever to lots of other people. This is why I think tailoring a few civilians to the era of a set is a good compromise. Imagine, for example, if all the sets for the Western Desert had included one or two Arab civilians. Another idea that occurs to me might be a bonus figure for smaller units, for example carrying on with idea of the Western Desert imagine if every box had included a bonus SAS or LRDG figure. The key thing is that the bonus figure would relate to the era of the set and in my view is bound to be more appealing to a wide range of collectors.