Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time to visit the North West Frontier?

Edwardian
I second the calls to Egyptian forces but there is, in my view, another gap in 1/72nd colonials that Strelets would now be well placed to plug.

Also a good match to the late colonial Slade Wallace-equipped Brits would be Pathans for the North West Frontier campaigns of the 1890s. The HaT Indian infantry and Bengal Lancers plus the Strelets British and Highland infantry go a long way to representing one side of the conflict.

I would suggest:

Pathan Infantry

Pathan cavalry

Indian Army Gurkhas

Screw guns with Indian crews

Screw guns with British RA crews
You forgot the two most famous regiments ever to be seen on the NW frontier.

The 3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment from Carry on up the Khyber

.... and of course the 1936 Hollywood "Charge of the light brigade" staring Errol Flynn

Edwardian
I second the calls to Egyptian forces but there is, in my view, another gap in 1/72nd colonials that Strelets would now be well placed to plug.

Also a good match to the late colonial Slade Wallace-equipped Brits would be Pathans for the North West Frontier campaigns of the 1890s. The HaT Indian infantry and Bengal Lancers plus the Strelets British and Highland infantry go a long way to representing one side of the conflict.

I would suggest:

Pathan Infantry

Pathan cavalry

Indian Army Gurkhas

Screw guns with Indian crews

Screw guns with British RA crews
A really good idea. I like this.

It is unlikely I will ever buy into the NW Frontier as a gaming period. This is because I already have extensive collections of two other Colonial wars: the Zulu Wars & The Sudan.
The space & time needed for a third period would make a further committent foolish.

However, I'm not posting to rain on your parade. I am but one potential buyer amongst hundreds who would be keen. I think the NW Frontier would be an excellent area for Strelets to enter with a plethora of great sets. I believe it would get a lot of interest & generate sales.

And who knows? If the figures are tempting enough I may show I am indeed foolish & buy into it.

Couldn't agree more.....I've used the Red Box Pathans and Gurkhas but would gladly replace them with new Strelets sets.

Regards,
Andrew

Yes, Arab revolt sets shows irregular poses are perfected by Strelets. Bring on the tribesmen! (Regulars are also great btw!)