Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday is advancing.nice bavarians are on the way

Nice .but I still wish that all had their helmets on and 5-6 spare heads could be provided with different head gears... this will put me off and I will not buy multiple sets because of that.but I will buy definitely 1 possibly 2 as I dont have time for that many heads conversations... thank you.best regards..

I've definitely, finally & totally finished my Napoleonic Bavarian army......time for an acronym.

..WBATL*

*Will be added to later.

PAVOL
Nice .but I still wish that all had their helmets on and 5-6 spare heads could be provided with different head gears... this will put me off and I will not buy multiple sets because of that.but I will buy definitely 1 possibly 2 as I dont have time for that many heads conversations... thank you.best regards..
Please please don’t start down the multiple heads route.
Let me clarify...okay if you want to include spare heads but not okay if the figures are left headless.
Screwing around with superglue doesn’t appeal too much.

Yes I wrote with helmets on heads meaning extra heads for conversation but figures with helmets and heads on of course.regards

Re: Friday is advancing.

Just : WHAOOOOOO !
beautiful figurines. Thank you strelet, i will be able to replace my old figurines.

Nice figures the Napoleonic runaway train shows no signs of slowing down.:yum:

Hi,
Very nice especially to have finally some actions poses.
But may I ask where are the backpacks?
Cheers
CPN

The backpacks are next to the spare heads lol

CPN
Hi,
Cheers
CPN
Backpacks are a real uniform problem for Bavarian figurines. Indeed, depending on the period they are not worn in the same way. Until 1809 they are worn in saltire on the side from 1809 are carried on the back. It is therefore possible that it is to cover the entire period that streets chose not to represent them.

Wagram 1809
CPN
Hi,
Cheers
CPN
Backpacks are a real uniform problem for Bavarian figurines. Indeed, depending on the period they are not worn in the same way. Until 1809 they are worn in saltire on the side from 1809 are carried on the back. It is therefore possible that it is to cover the entire period that streets chose not to represent them.
Hi,
You are right although I'd say that for 1809 campaign they already had the backpacks in the ... back!:grinning:

Now for me it isn't a huge issue as I will use green stuff to model them. Some of us might not be so happy.

Have a great weekend all.
CPN

Cool!

Wonderful. Maybe in a far future we will see also the bavarians for the franco-prussian war...

Fantastic work Strelets nice to see smaller nations represented such as Brunswickers and now Bavarians as well as the major powers.

I would like to request Backpacks on and gaiters and do you have plans to add Marching poses?

Brian
Fantastic work Strelets nice to see smaller nations represented such as Brunswickers and now Bavarians as well as the major powers.

I would like to request Backpacks on and gaiters and do you have plans to add Marching poses?
Hi, the backpacks should be on as it was the way they were fighting at this time (poor lads!).
As for the gaiters, many painting of Bavarian troops were actually wearing trousers on top of gaiters so I am happy with this part of the masters.
I think that a good mix with former Hat figures in gaiters will bring this campaign look .
Kind regards.
CPN

Agreed Brian and CPN, sans backpacks is interesting and 'different', but they would look loads better and more authentic with them. It was rare for troops to drop their backpacks. We are told that the Russians had stopped the practice well and truly by 1805!

Hmmm, they are no bloody use in the desert ! :relaxed:

According to Knotel and Osprey the calfskin packs were being worn on the back with two straps as early as November 1807, it's quite possible that this could be changed very quickly if these were the same packs as worn over the left hip with a new strap arrangement.

Even if they took time to be rolled out to the entire army I think it would be safe to say by the time of the 1809 campaigns packs worn on the left hip would have been very truly a thing of the past.

Napoleonic Infantry rarely fought or marched without backpacks they were packed with all their essential equipment, tools for their weapons, bandages, cleaning and grooming kit, food, clothing, not to mention all their most prized and valuable possessions, only on rare occasions would they have been left behind and that's assuming they had a safe place to leave them.

As for gaiters almost all the illustrations show them wearing them so I think the majority of Strelets figures should reflect this with one or two figures in trousers for variety.

The fantastically mad looking Bavarian helmet the Raupenhelm (it always reminds me of the alien in the Alien films) replaced the Rumford helmet in 1799 in fact the entire uniform was also replaced at the same time, so other than the odd forage cap there is no reason to have a choice of heads.

Finally the Bavarian flag is one of the most complex patterns to paint so please Strelets if you could make the standard barrier carrying just a bare flag pole or with a flag that can easily be removed and replaced with a printed paper one (I.e. not wrap around the barriers head or body).

I think this is going to be a great set of figures but has the potential to be one the best.

Bonjour,
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-events-war-of-the-fifth-coalition-1809-tyrolian-uprising-battle-of-10887339.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=bavarian+infantry+napoleonic+paintings&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjlmYKTlPHlAhUU4oUKHQz3C2oQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=bavarian+infantry+napoleonic+paintings&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3...39675.42610..43784...0.0..0.126.1053.4j6......0....1.........0i19j0i8i30i19j33i10.8L7jT2WbZco&ei=BzHRXaX6HZTElwSM7q_QBg&bih=718&biw=412&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&prmd=ismvn#imgrc=hpdbuN_lQ8BACM

http://www.napoleon-series.org/cgi-bin/forum/archive2003_config.pl?md=read;id=16766

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/440156563553437386/

Cheers
CPN

Hi everyone,
I forgot to add that in bad weather, Bavarian army was also using greatcoats.
So for me, buying some of the next Austrian grenadiers in winter and putting Bavarian heads will do the trick.

Cheers
CPN

Thanks for sharing another great looking preview. :+1:

Very happy that Strelets is working on Bavarians, Brunswickers and hopefully other warring factions of the Napoleonic Wars.
Although some may consider them "minor" belligerents, in fact a sizeable number of their troops saw similar or even more & longer lasting action than other over-promoted subjects of this period.

Excellent subject with great potential. Earlier sets were substandard regarding sculpting, pose-quality & -diversity.
Wouldn't mind some extra backpacks though. :wink:

Keep em coming! :+1:

Strelets

Nice week-end, gentlemen!
Best regards,

Strelets
Thanks for sharing another great looking preview.

Very happy that Strelets is working on Bavarians, Brunswickers and hopefully other warring factions of the Napoleonic Wars.
Although some may consider them "minor" belligerents, in fact a sizeable number of their troops saw similar or even getting annoyed :smiley: