Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WSS Spree

Nice!!!!!!

Can we not get 'like' buttons for this forum?

Very handsome figures!

Real nice sculpting and great poses, once more from superb strelets...

Good morning team Strelets,
Great masters again.
As I am not the best at WSS , can someone precise if they are British?
Thank you in advance and have great start of the weekend.
CPN

They look French to me. Note the pockets.

Very beautiful figurines

Well, again, wow!

These look stunning; thanks for sharing.

Today 9 boxes of "In Advance" landed on my door mat. Rather hoping to mix them with "In Attack", so may they roll forward quickly. I wonder what this new set will add.

As to these latest shots, well, in answer to CPN, they look perfectly consistent with British to my semi-educated eye.

It strikes me that, unlike the Napoleonics, these troops would probably always deploy in line rather than column on the field of battle. Given that, it seems to me that a variety of poses could be used in the same battalion to represent the fact that the whole line would not be firing at once, but rather, firing would be by platoon.

Another point is that, so far as I can tell, most nation's infantry at this period had at least 2 flags per battalion, so, Strelets, please keep doubling up on Ensigns. Modellers of English and Scottish battalions 1702-1706 might want to paint up a spare pair of Ensigns in order to substitute colours with the Union Flag from 1707.

Life will be expensive but sweet. Roll on all-arms coverage and the French.

Strelets, please keep going with these. I'm committed now!

Beautiful figures! So far, I have not seen these figures anywhere here in the United States.

I was wondering the same thing. I purchase my stuff via ebay and such. So, when they will be available in the US?

Dear Britsfan,

US (as well as French) dealers didn't order them.
Eventually this set will, hopefully, make its way to more remote parts of the world via some secondary routs.
Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Britsfan,

US (as well as French) dealers didn't order them.
Eventually this set will, hopefully, make its way to more remote parts of the world via some secondary routs.
Best regards,

Strelets
Dear Strelets,

Are there any other new sets just released with the WSS Advancing? Any new ACW or FFL Artillery, or when will some of these be released? Thank you.

Kindest regards - GC

"Are there any other new sets just released with the WSS Advancing"

No.

"when will some of these be released?"

December.

Please, be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

Thank you for the reply, Strelets! I'll go ahead and order some of the WSS Advancing set now from the UK just to be sure I'll get some here in the U.S. These figurines (and the Masters for the future Attacking set) look so good it's just killing me not having them in my collection. Paint dog is helping me above to discover some historical reasons to get excited about buying them right now.

Have a great weekend - GC

I am already stocking up on paints for the WWS figures I am going to buy.

I feel like the fourth in line during the Great Escapes moonshine testing session ........WOW!, affected by moonshine I think how good would a few slight variations on the firing line poses would be, so they are not quite identical , and how good such a firing line would be......

Beautiful masters.

I was painting some flesh on figures yesterday (not Strelets as it happens) and was marvelling at the fingers. Not so long ago a simple, ball hand was sufficient *at this scale*. Now we routinely have hands with detailed fingers. These hands may be wrapped around muskets, which are represented not as a simple 'rod', but with separate barrel and base, metal bands and strap.

Then we come to masters like these with the detail of the pockets, cartridge box, shoe buckles, belt buckles, texture of the coat... marvellous!

I think they are magnificent figures.
Desiring to see all the boxes and those of his enemies to be able to form the armies.
Great work of strelets.
regards

Well done! When will they be available in the U.S. market?

Joseph Rossi
Well done! When will they be available in the U.S. market?
There's a reputable US vendor now selling them on ebay - username rebelalpha (Scotts Model Workshop). And it looks like he has only 3 sets left at the moment (out of 30!).