Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: nuevos prototipos de soldados

The wars that involved Spain are indeed very interesting, unfortunately not many wargamers/collectors would be keen on buying unpopular subjects like the war in Cuba.

Spanish translation:
Las guerras donde participó España son realmente muy interesantes, desafortunadamente no hay clientes por material como la Guerra de Cuba o del Rif, considerados demasiado impopulares.

Saludos,

Alessandro.

Gontzal Urquijo
porque no se hacen soldados de la guerra civil española, guerra de Cuba y Filipinas y guerra del Rif donde también participaron soldados españoles, muchas gracias
I would be a big customer of Strelets sets of the Spanish wars in Cuba and the Philippines - The Spanish-American War.

I love the uniforms of both the Americans and Spanish Armies right at the end of the Colonial Wars and before the world wars.

I would love to see Americans with their Blanket Rolls, Stetson hats, and gaitors in the nice Strelets Medium Blue Color and Spanish Armies in Cuban hats, Pith Helmets and Caps in either Light Blue (like Turkish sets) or Terracotta Red. These sets would fill a void/hole in 1/72 sets.

I think sets of these armies would go perfectly with Strelets Colonial Wars sets. In addition to the Spanish-American War, I would use the Americans for the Boxer Rebellion, too (I like Redbox's Allies sets but not the Americans unfortunately). I think the Spanish Colonial uniforms were every bit as attractive as the British and German Colonial Armies of the time, also. Bring them on!

I Agree these Wars were Spanish colonial soldiers were involved will be highly welcomed by all those who love the colonial era. Yes bring them on.

I think the Spanish Civil War would be popular but would require a lot of sets to cover all the different troop types. As people have said I suspect the Spanish-American war would be a bit niche.

I would buy troops for Spanish-American War, for both Cuba and the Philippines. You would not need very many troop types to do the whole war. Maybe six to eight sets for everything.

Spanish Civil War is a rat hole that could not be fully covered with 20 sets.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Graham Korn
I think the Spanish Civil War would be popular but would require a lot of sets to cover all the different troop types. As people have said I suspect the Spanish-American war would be a bit niche.
Probably, the Spanish Civil War is a too sensitive area to cover. Unfortunately, civil wars cause lot of long term problems as shown with the removal of Franco to a less ostentatious site recently.

Some sets are best left alone in my opinion -ie Milice/ Vichy forces/SS Charlemagne for the French are best forgotten.

Like wise I do wonder why so much glorification of the SS by some modellers, reinactors etc (eg. SS totenkopf - look up Le Paradis) when the regular German army units could be substituted.

Re: Spanish-American War, Philippine-American War & Boxer Rebellion

I ordered a few books on the above, with one of them having a title including the tree above. This was a time the U.S. went from an isolationist policy to a super power.

Strelets Mission Statement in it's About Us includes ... "Strelets*R was founded in 1998 to fill the gaps in the figure market that had previously had to be filled with conversions by collectors themselves."

They would be the perfect manufacturer to make several sets which would cover many of the participants of these conflicts. Plus they have the added benefit of covering Infantry, Marines, Sailors, Cavalry, Artillery and Ships and Blockhouses, covering most of the battlefield needs. Anyway, that's my take.

After I've read my books I'll come back. In the mean time, Strelets is already busy producing other sets I'm very much excited about.