Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flag Bearers without Flags

I understand the drama of a pose with the flag wrapped around an ensign but in terms of practicality, I want to substitute a paper flag for a plastic one.

GC's solution (above) is perhaps the best compromise. An alternate is to perhaps have the "Drama Ensign" but also include another figure with an open hand you could glue a metal pole & paper flag into & a separate weapon that you can use if you do not want to use the figure for flag-carrying purposes. A bit complicated I know.

Re: Flag Bearers without Flags

A contrary view, if I may gents.

I love the moulded flags as they look so much better and add a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to the figure and the command stand (when thinking wargaming, but I reckon they look better in a diorama too). I don't mind painting them and, in fact, a partially-furled flag is easier as it is 'disjointed' anyway.

If I am being all 'conciliatory and understanding', then I guess I can use a standard-bearer with a pole as I'd add some tin foil or such and make a flag that I can shape. Don't much like them paper ones meself....

As Roy* would say "make of that what you will"!

*Rampaging Roy Slaven for the uninitiated

and a battered sav

James Fisher
A contrary view, if I may gents.

As Roy* would say "make of that what you will"!

*Rampaging Roy Slaven for the uninitiated
"There's no greater thrill than seeing a young collector with a box of Strelets Napoleonics in one hand and a chiko roll in the other".
H.G.Nelson

Re: and a battered sav

To be fair I don't mind either way I quite like the built in flags & quite enjoy painting them.:smiling_imp: