Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Friday (for some)

Fantastic

Bring them on. Please cover as many combatants as you can who participated in this conflict. Life is good.

I got to say, Strelets, that is a beauty! Cant help myself from looking at that officer's wig!

Cheers,

Wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing the French and Bavarians.

For the English, the wars of the Spanish Succession are commemorated by Malborough's victories; especially Blenheim.
It should be remembered that, eventually, the war was won by Louis XIV and in France I have played many a WSS game using Lead soldiers (of which there are many different armies represented) and a few 1/32nd plastics. (The latter being predominately plastic kits.) The subject is popular, especially because of the elaborate uniforms. Which is wonderful; if you enjoy painting.

A Grenadier throwing a grenade, how novel ! ....for this hobby at least :smile:

Murat
Wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing the French and Bavarians.

For the English, the wars of the Spanish Succession are commemorated by Malborough's victories; especially Blenheim.
It should be remembered that, eventually, the war was won by Louis XIV and in France I have played many a WSS game using Lead soldiers (of which there are many different armies represented) and a few 1/32nd plastics. (The latter being predominately plastic kits.) The subject is popular, especially because of the elaborate uniforms. Which is wonderful; if you enjoy painting.
Not my strong point , but I thought the war of Spanish succession was bought to an end by diplomacy bought about by military stalemate , Britain`s reluctance to continue to bankroll allies , and a general state of near exhaustion of all combatants involved.

Hi

Great looking figures, I hope there will be a Grenadier set

I do believe Britain withdrew from the WSS, after secretly making peace with France and abandoning its Allies more or less on the field of battle, who continued to fight on. Not Britain's finest hour.

A general peace was made a couple of years later in 1714. Technically a win for Louis XIV I would suggest, as he got to keep the Spanish throne in the family, the original cause of the war. However, the restrictions placed upon this, meant French power was not greatly enhanced in the end, hence only a technical win.

Still colourful period and look forward to a full range in which to recreate it

cheers