Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
French Nap Artillery

Does Strelets plan on releasing regular 1807 plus French foot artillery or Russian foot artillery? I understand there are other manufacturers but there is very little still be made of these except expensive small count specialty sets.

Re: French Nap Artillery

Dear Mr.Loeb,

public seems to be fed up with Napoleonics recently.
It's not that easy to find areas, that are not covered yet.

Best regards,

Strelets

Hi Strelets.

I just posted below about the Napoleonic range and how I am buying lots of the new sets but wish that they would be spread out more evenly across the year, They are a period that requires large multiples which i and others cant paint that quickly. I dont feel people are fed up at all them just swamped with all the great new sets.

I also posted that we are crying out for new Artillery with very little new sets on the market in the last ten years. I feel they would sell really well especially if the old format of 4 figure gun crews was updated to show the different stages of firing, setting up the guns or in transit.

i have been buying your sets for many years and loved the Borodino sets where you produced some very fine French Cuirassiers, with your new sculptors I wish you would get back into producing cavalry sets.

We Napoleonic fans have been spoiled over the last few years and you have kept our hobby alive as other company's have gone quiet or disappeared all together for which we are truly appreciative

bfn

Allan

Strelets
Dear Mr.Loeb,

It\\\'s not that easy to find areas, that are not covered yet.

Best regards,

Strelets
Hi dear Strelets team,
I don't think we are fed up of Napoleonic.
my humble opinion is:
- that the latest format of standing, at ease, road march is perhaps too much when possibly one box could cover the topic.
On that particular topic, I have to say I did not come to the hobby because of Airfix made static attitudes but because there were fighting attitudes so I could actually play with them. So although I understand the need to portray all attitudes of soldiers, I may think this might be too much to have such a number of boxes for non-fighting attitude.

- In the same idea, you could have both in the same box the battlefield march and the advance and another one firing/ loading.

- it seems the Waterloo campaign is getting most of the effort when, as rightly pointed at by other forum contributors, a lot of other main armies still need to be covered.

Bavarian, Baden, Russia (especially in greatcoats for both period pre and post-1812), Prussia 1806 (so poorly made by your main challenger), late Prussian artillery (foot and horse, Russian Hores artillery so typically and never made (only one box in early helmets that needs only to be trimmed to portray late war helmet)...

I hope this helps.
kind regards.
CPN

Don't forget Suvorov's troops, never covered by anyone.

Fed up with Napoleonics?

I am not fed up with Napoleonics.

Important aspects of the Napoleonic era have never been dealt with as they should have been.

E.g., obviously, you - just like most people these days - just don't understand the importance of military bands at the times. Neither you nor anybody else have ever seriously tried to produce a complete Napoleonic military band. 20 or so bandsmen, with all the appropriate, authentic, contemporary instruments ... try, and we will see whether or not they will sell like hot cakes ...

Re: Fed up with Napoleonics?

Hi. I Agree that people are not tired of Napoleonics but want diversification. For example huge focus on Waterloo & little on French revolutionary wars like army of General Suvarov, Hanover, Danish army, revolt in Haiti, Emigres, Naepolitan troops, a truly Napoleonic band & civilians of the Napoleonic era. So there is still room for Napoleonics.

Strelets
Dear Mr.Loeb,

It's not that easy to find areas, that are not covered yet.

Best regards,

Strelets
I very much hesitate to tell you your business: particularly because poor decisions will cost you money as I'm sure you are aware.

For example, the suggestion of Napoleonic military bands while delightfully attractive to me could conceivably be a spectacular sales failure: I'm glad I don't have to make the decision so glibly forwarded.

However, I would like you to consider the concept of complete ranges.

For many of us (gamers at least) we want it all. If I'm building a Brunswick army circa 1815. I need Light & Line infantry, hussars & uhlans, artillery & staff figures. If I can't get all of these, of a good quality, and of matching proportions, I'm less eager to buy.
I'm using this particular army because it is small & manageable & yet, IMO, incomplete, as are others.

If, as you say, there are no/few Napoleonic areas untouched, maybe you should consider "filling the gaps"?

The French artillery set in question is one such gap.There are plenty more: the plenitude of Waterloo sets still lack Dutch heavy cavalry in plastic, for example.

Don't forget the replacement factor as well. Your recent Prussian Landwehr is so much better than the old Airfix figures. My Airfix Landwehr & are now hors d'combat.....I'll never use them again because I've replaced them with something better. Can I point out, using the Brunswickers again, how very ordinary are HaT's Avant Garde set? Adored when first released but I'd replace them with something better ...at a drop of a hat?

Several posters (above) have pointed out holes in ranges: Russian Horse artillery etc. Make compatible, quality figures & I would hope they will sell.

The bottom line is: don't give up on we Napoleonic collectors yet. There are fields left to conquer.

"Spectacular sales failures"

Well, I'd buy vast quantities of meticulously researched and well made Napoleonic bands - French, Russian, British, whatever.

I will never ever buy a single Brunswick, Dutch or Swedish Napoleonic infantry, cavalry, artillery set, as I'm not interested a bit in those guys.

All things are relative - and you, Strelets, have to decide ... poor lads ... :wink:

Re: French Nap Artillery French foot guard artillery I crave the most

Definitely french artillery is not cowered well.if strelets will make less napoleonics in good quality I will save a lot of money and I will become rich:-) if strelets made napoleonic armies in excellent quality like set M-124 roman auxiliaries(excellent size 23;5mm) ranks I would buy alot now standing soldiers with different headgear in attention for ceremony like poses bad for me should be more splendid.the last french elites with missing epolets too bad too:-( I miss zvezda their quality was superb but they gave up on production of new 1/72 sets their cavalry russian&french cuirassiers are the best too bad Austrian cuirassiers weren’t made.napoleonic is still the most popular period... zvezda french artillery with muskets&packs on their backs bad research. And french foot guard artillery was done only once by esci with wrong headgear and 4 poses only.and good line&light@guard infantry advancing would be nice. Good poses like british infantry 1701-14 in good quality if you make napoleonics sets like that you will see how fast they will sell.for example like 3 years I couldn’t buy from hat industrie british napoleonic command french light infantry chasseurs marching,in action and command sets because of excellent quality they sold out quickly I had to wait until they were reissued. To bad they didn’t make advancing set it would sell just as quick....

Good Napoleonic sets will sell. I agree with previous postings. There are gaps in the sets on offer.
1812 Russian jaeger, which should really only be produced in fighting poses, wearing the greatcoat and with greatcoat strapped around the body would be magic, especially if the sculpting compares to the fighting poses of the latest colonial Brits.
I am looking forward to your announced 1812 Russian sets, but at the same time I am also hoping for musketeers(the bulk of the army and never properly depicted) iso only elites.
This applies to all the other main players as well. French fusiliers with only one belt holding cartridgecase and bayonet can be produced standing at order arms, shoulder arms, marching and fighting. They can wear their greatcoats or strap them to their pack.
Artillery sets, both horse and foot with six men handling the gun and a command group for the main players would raise interest as well.
If the research is good and the sculpting compares to some of your latest sets, you will have a following.

Hi Mr Strelets if you released a set of say 6 or 8 French artillery pieces in a box with no figures.
you could then release the crews of different nations in separate sets for instance I believe The Dutch, Bavarian, Polish, Wurttemberg & others used the same guns.
You could as well consider different timelines as well with 2 different uniforms for the French armies, & add limbers & other things at a later date if these prove popular.:astonished:

'Fed up with Napoleonics', what a strange concept!

Speaking personally, I can always find room for sets that are as beautifully sculpted as yours. For me I'll get the coming late Russians and Austrians in greatcoats in larger numbers as they are not armies/styles that I have built up previously (as I have, for example, with the lovely Redbox early Russians).

As has been noted in previous posts, early Russians in greatcoats and even earlier Russians in hats remain a gap (the old Esci set of 'Prussians' was the only one). Similarly, Austrians in kasket have only been done in a part-set and they are 'giants'.

Still with infantry, few of the French-allies who contributed smaller forces have been produced specifically (e.g Dutch with plume at the side). Then you get into artillery and cavalry...

Napoleonics remain a wonderful, bottomless pit of 1/72nd joy!!