Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Survey

I would think the French would take a lot pride in the accomplishments of the Sun King. The
English certainly remember their victories at Blenheim and Oudenarde. I like the idea of branching
out in a hobby that seems fixed on Napoleon and World War II. Good luck with this new era.

Re: Survey: WSS Vs Naps

Britsfan
a hobby that seems fixed on Napoleon and World War II. Good luck with this new era.

A major reason the collection of Napoleonic figures is popular is the fact that despite being a diverse period in terms of uniform & unit, nearly everything is available.

If Strelets wants to ensure the WSS approaches this, it will need to cover the period well.

Re: Survey: WSS Vs Naps

I am terrified that these figures might be produced by Strelets because I will have to buy a bunch of them and books too in order to learn
all about them. I've got more figures to paint than I could ever do even if I lived to be 150 years old so please just release the one set.

THX,

Bob

Nice to be asked, but I agree with all those who have posted to say that the premise behind this survey seems a bit odd.

The hobby is perhaps a lot smaller in France, but I have no doubt that French hobbyists will be keen to buy the Sun King's troops.

I just don't think that's the point. Assuming Malborough's campaigns are at least a significant part of the draw, French troops are going to be popular and essential, regardless of the nationality of the gamer.

I am British, but my Napoleonics are mostly French v. Spanish early Peninsular and Prussian v. French late war. The nationality of the wargamer is not greatly relevant, I find. I don't exclusively or even mainly field redcoats, but where redcoats are fielded, you really need Bourbon white or Imperial blue to join them.

For me, the point is decided by what Strelets has already done. By releasing British troops for the period, you create a pressing need for equal representation of French troops for the period. Simple.

Quite frankly, the reason that I gave up on an attempt to move from Napoleonics to SYW was the lack of 1/72nd plastics to represent French troops. New France, the Caribbean and Minden would all have been on the Menu, alas.

Now the War of Spanish Succession / Queen Anne's War (in the colonies) / the Jacobite Rising of 1715 / the Golden Age of Piracy all beckon these new red coats.

Of all the troops to range against them, however, the most relevant and numerous will be the French.

I am not yet interested in that period but according to the ever increasing quality of STRELETS Products, I will certainly buy some of their products.

Regards

Patrice
From Paris

Hello Streletz,
OK I am French or European or whatever - as said by others, I also don't think this is most relevant. However, the WSS is very interesting, allows to expand into many other interesting topics and your figures are beautiful.
If you give this topic the same covering as say ACW you will earn the same success.
I will also buy into this period with a lot of pleasure, even if like so many others I have a very hard time to catch up painting all my figures.

Cheers and keep up your good work
Michael

I am Canadian The WSS was not confined to Europe. Plenty of action here in the "New World" where it was known as Queen Anne's War. Will be buying these figures when released. Thanks.

As french I buy these, but the english also

Good work!

I am not French, but I am very interested in the WSS and will be buying them. Please start out with a set of English and French (or at least release a French set soon). Strelets is really fast to produce sets, but I don't like it when a company makes a set and then takes years to produce their enemies!

Thank you Strelets for taking risks and starting new eras!! As a collector interested in almost every era, I really appreciate your amazing contribution to our hobby!

John

A few frenchmen within our family tree, living at the french language border and maintaining vivid contacts to quite a few hobby-enthusiasts all over europe. Hope this qualifies to comment on this? :thinking_face:

Totally thrilled that Strelets kicks off a new range for this significant & interesting conflict, which was relatively absent in 1/72 plastics so far. :+1:
Imho the hobby shows a noticeable gap regarding most Kabinettskriege specifically and the whole "Tricorne"-era in general.
France unquestionably being one of the most ambitious & relevant european powers throughout the period, makes french subjects an obvious no-brainer.

Like various others already confirmed, I also would definitely buy a number of french sets if they look as promising as their english opponents.
Hoping for an appreciably wide range that covers the broad diversity of different units & involved belligerents suitably. :+1:
Needless to say, this should equally apply for the Imperial/Habsburg (Spain) forces, but also for distinctive units from other belligerents (Savoy, Prussia, Bavaria).
As Strelets themselves and a good number of comments acknowledge, comprehensiveness of involved parties & troop types are essential for the desirable success of this and any new range.

Btw, I'm strongly convinced that there are much less french hobbyists solely obsessed with the napoleonic wars (or exclusively french topics in general) than many anglocentric thinking minds can imagine. :wink:

Anyway, thanks for asking and keep up your great work! :+1: