Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
good news for ancient fans - new announcements from Linear-A

There are now good new for fans of ancient sets.

Linear-A has announced a series of new sets:
#020 - The Minoans
#026 - Samnite Wars (new series)
#028 - The Army of Pyrrhus of Epirus Set 1 (new series)
#029 - Roman Anti-Elephant Wagon Set 1
#030 - Tarentine Horseman of Magna Graecia
#031 - Syracuse, Sicily War Set 1 (new series)

beside these sets there are still ancient set in the queue:
#013 - Hannibal Crosses the Alps Set 2 "Cavalry"
#016 - Hannibal Crosses the Alps Set 3 "Elephants"
#017 - Roman Legion Set 1
#018 - Roman Legion Set 2
#019 - Battle of Cunaxa 401B.C. Set 2
#022 - The Etruscans "Cavalry" 9th-5nd. Centuries BC Set 2
#023 - Hannibal makes a triumphal entry to Italy Set 4

In the moment Linear-A is the only company announcing and/or producing new ancient (it seems that unfortunately HÄT but also Strelets have retired from producing/releasing ancient sets).

These sets cover real interesting ranges and definitely I'll buy a lot of them. I have also bought their already released sets ... and I really like them.

Minoans

Thanks Martin,

a tempting selection.

My chief interest would lie with the Minoans. I have an existing 800 point Field of Glory Mycenaean army (ie medium to large sized) that is composed of Caesar Plastics & Newline metals.

It's one of my favourite armies.

I would think it would not be bending history too far to incorporate the Minoans into it.
I'd imagine the set would largely be light troops - naked or lightly clad, with a boar's tusk helmet or two & armed with javelin, bow or sling. I could hope for a selection of figures, carrying long spears & bearing Figure8 or Tower shields to make a dense spear phalanx.

Probably too much to hope for representations of the Priest King or Snake Goddess.
At any rate, something to look forward to as well as several of the others just announced.

Re: Minoans

I do buy all of them.

Re: Minoans

The set is being made by Linear-A so I think a Snake Goddess would be very likely. There may be some civilian figures as well which will be interesting.

Re: good news for ancient fans - new announcements from Linear-A

I'll be buying. Also, looks like Dark Alliance sets: Centaurs, Nomads 1 & 2, and Steppes Warriors will be released soon (they're listed on Hannants Future Releases page now)!