Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Marlborough lot......

Let's not forget, these will be awesome for the great northern war as well!

Awesome! I will wait for the french infantry too!

Just a minor point - just kind of leaving this here really, but we've seen two officers so far in preview and neither are the one in the Drum & Flag published image.

The previewed drummer is from another set as well.

I am SO looking forwards to these.

"We've seen two officers so far in preview and neither are the one in the Drum & Flag published image." That is an interesting point! There are a number of people demanding French infantry - I was always led to believe there is very little differences in the cut of uniforms at this period - isn't it just a case of painting the same figures grey?

I think so, but I'm far of being an expert on this period, but painted in white would pass for spaniards

Anyway I like redcoats very much, a very nice uniform imho.

Yes the cut of the uniforms were indeed very similar, even more so in small scale figures. My main issue with having separate infantry for France, is that they from middle to later years had a belly cartidge pouch, not a bag hanging from the shoulder. Although not a huge difference perhaps, it still makes them look different. At least in my eyes. I also miss decent cavalry for the period. Zvezdas two GNW cavarly sets sadly both had coats with turnbacks, which doesn't seem to have been the norm during WSS. And of course, cuirassiers with brest plate and steel helmets.

These are stunning. The masters on the Strelets site include both superb standard bearers seen here, but not the offices or drummer; so more than one set glimpsed so far?

The designation suggests more than one British set and implies other nations.

These are superb sculpts and great poses.

I am utterly seduced by these ...

Thank you Strelets.

Edwardian
These are stunning. The masters on the Strelets site include both superb standard bearers seen here, but not the offices or drummer; so more than one set glimpsed so far?

The designation suggests more than one British set and implies other nations.

These are superb sculpts and great poses.

I am utterly seduced by these ...

Thank you Strelets.
Eleven sets according to Drum & Flag - perhaps Mr S can confirm these plans - though it depends on how they sell, I guess.

Advancing, well that explains that then :-)

Thanx Jesse, very good info I did n't know....