Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fly in the ointment

Definitely not SYW, the hair style alone is quite different. But could equally well be Great Northern War, perhaps Russian, in this case.

im hoping great turkish war.prince eugene of savoy.

Opinion
Definitely not SYW, the hair style alone is quite different. But could equally well be Great Northern War, perhaps Russian, in this case.
Good point. And easier to cut off the flags than give these figures a haircut.

Re: Not a big deal

Strelets

Have nice one!
Regards,

Strelets
Lovely flag bearer

Thank God,I was running out of soldiers to paint.:innocent:
But really really lovely figures.Looking forward to seeing more.
The thing about this period is that if you are not too picky or a button counter,these uniforms have a generic quality that might serve for a couple of different armies.
And before anyone starts I am not inviting any dissertations on why I am wrong.:smiling_imp:

"Looking forward to seeing more"

Gentlemen,

some patience, please...
Sometimes all you need is just to stand and wait:

In the meantime enjoy some music!

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: "Looking forward to seeing more"

Strelets
Gentlemen,

some patience, please...

Best regards,

Strelets
I just dropped in here and have now discovered the 3rd and 4th Masterpieces of this new set so far. A very nice surprise for really enjoying my weekend. Thank you and Bravo Strelets Team - all of you!

British Army for 1701 to 1799 ? India opponent is the next?

War of the Spanish Succession 1701–1714

Great Northern War 1717–1720

War of the Austrian Succession 1740

Carnatic Wars 1744–1763

Seven Years' War 1754–1763

Anglo-Mysore Wars 1766–1799

First Anglo-Maratha War 1775–1782

American Revolutionary War 1775–1783

French Revolutionary Wars 1792–1802

These are just bloody gorgeous!

Strelets
Gentlemen,

some patience, please...

Best regards,

Strelets
These are more than enough to get me interested in having some of them. The standard bearers alone would have been enough but the officer and drummer are pretty sweet as well.

Re: These are just bloody gorgeous!

Thank you, Steve, for your kind words.
Best regards from rainy London!

Exciting pics.

Also picked up my new read...

... now patiently waiting for the figures to start marching onto my table.

Strelets
Your officers are something else altogether!

Please tell me you are doing some cavalry for this as well?

From the shores of the mighty Mersey river.

Dear Steve,

we are just starting this range, and everything will depend on sales. As you may know, it's far from "safe" WWII or Napoleonics. Obviously, no army of that period will be complete without cavalry. However, should the range fail to reach the sales targets, one can always use mounted Swedes with a bit of painting conversion.

Best regards,

Strelets

... still more pleasures and more marlburians!

I hope you won´t issued only the british. Wish to see also french and austrians which will sell also the british better. 2 or 3 different sets issued in the same batch will encourage the sales. Some collectors hersitate to buy a set of a new period, if they won´t know when the next set will arrived on the market.

An austrian set will been especially attractive, because you can combine it with different, already existing ottoman sets.

Fair enough!

You have no idea how happy a Marlburian range makes me. I might buy up an entire army's worth of sets by myself!

Assuming you are going to be on track to make these sets in full, there should probably be sets of line infantry and grenadiers for each of the three major combatants (Britain, France, H.R. Empire), with perhaps separate sets of English and French guards. A set of Dutch guards could also be warranted, though Dutch line infantry would probably be little different from the British. Same for the Spanish, though again their guard and line would look similar to the French.

Then sets of line cavalry and dragoons for at least three major combatants, and again maybe a set of guard cavalry for the British and French. Horse grenadiers can be included within the dragoon sets. Lastly, a set of artillery for each of the major combatants. Besides that, you can branch out into Hungarian hussars, Prussian grenadiers, Spanish militia, Canadian militia and Indians for New France, etc.

Totally agree
Would love to see some heavy cav to complement
The GNW Russian and Swedish dragoons ( Zvezda)
Please some rested uniform poses for wagame unit cohesion
look
Sabres on shoulders and carbine butts on hip

The colors of uniforms in this period is just outlandish
Yellow faced red ! Awesome

Steve Pickstock
Strelets
Your officers are something else altogether!

Please tell me you are doing some cavalry for this as well?

From the shores of the mighty Mersey river.
Strelets style and quality has so improved I love these as well !!!

I can see any one who collects these will be upgrading their armies as soon as these are released!!!

Well done.....would love to see some of your older sets were re done ie no 2 pieces the same,looking forward to seeing more .

Strelets
Gentlemen,

some patience, please...

Best regards,

Strelets
"In the meantime enjoy some music!"

Drums - music?

Well, just in case there should be a handful of educated and thoughtful lads around here:

https://books.google.ch/books?id=CPZj5XEJe1AC&pg=PA123&lpg=PA123&dq=pestalozzi+die+feldmusik&source=bl&ots=t76FqRySvb&sig=ACfU3U3gjkI4wEr-tSbfGqlr15gMlOWnpg&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLqODq9eTkAhXQzqQKHSuMDq8Q6AEwAXoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=pestalozzi%20die%20feldmusik&f=false

That last figure could conceivably double as a Baron Munchausen fig!

Opinion
Strelets
Gentlemen,

some patience, please...

Best regards,

Strelets
\"In the meantime enjoy some music!\"

Drums - music?

Well, just in case there should be a handful of educated and thoughtful lads around here:

https://books.google.ch/books?id=CPZj5XEJe1AC&pg=PA123&lpg=PA123&dq=pestalozzi+die+feldmusik&source=bl&ots=t76FqRySvb&sig=ACfU3U3gjkI4wEr-tSbfGqlr15gMlOWnpg&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLqODq9eTkAhXQzqQKHSuMDq8Q6AEwAXoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=pestalozzi%20die%20feldmusik&f=false
Well, for many that have experienced marches into the fields of death and destruction, the sound of the field drum would probably encompass the feeling of fear and uncertainty.

Very lovely,severely tempted but not sure if my painting skills are up to it. I hope these do well well as Steelers are without doubt the premier manufacturer now with high quality sculpting, innovative eras and speedily delivered figures after being announced.

Strelets not Ssteelers - f***ing predictive text!

We are grateful, that it's not Stealers !
Regards,

Strelets

AP
Opinion
Strelets
Gentlemen,

some patience, please...

Best regards,

Strelets
\\\"In the meantime enjoy some music!\\\"

Drums - music?

Well, for many that have experienced marches into the fields of death and destruction, the sound of the field drum would probably encompass the feeling of fear and uncertainty.

Having marched behind drums - both good and bad - many times, there is a music to the sound of the drums. It can lift you when you are down, when it is still miles back to camp, when you're about to go into action, when you're tired, beaten, soaking, or hot. At those times it is music to your soul.

Steve Pickstock
AP
Opinion
Strelets
Gentlemen,

some patience, please...

Best regards,

Strelets
\\\\\\\"In the meantime enjoy some music!\\\\\\\"

Drums - music?

Having marched behind drums - both good and bad - many times, there is a music to the sound of the drums. It can lift you when you are down, when it is still miles back to camp, when you're about to go into action, when you're tired, beaten, soaking, or hot. At those times it is music to your soul.
Being a drummer myself, I can of course agree with what you have said. In my post I was commenting the link to the Pestalozzi's Die Feldmusik. The sound of the drums can be interpreted in many ways and in regard to a certain situation.

Absolutely superb !

War of Spanish succession??? My long lasting dream might come true?
If so - Strelets, you are THE BEST.

I know this is a bit of cart before horse.....but, the Brits in this campaign did famously use a lot of horse and carts and could not have campaigned so deep in to the continent without them, so to the point, please make them, and please do them well.

My goodness, these are superb.

British Colonials with Slade Wallace equipment was news I've wanted for decades - well done Strelets - but this, this is going to be a whole new start.

A Malborough range, with the excellent coverage Strelets provides these days and the quality of sculpts we are seeing, is to press the hobby re-set button for me.

I'm in. All of it, in vast numbers. Lace Wars a-go-go.

Then British and French 7YW please!

A much needed breeze of fresh air

Finally, a manufacturer with balls to test unkown waters..

This is my very first message in this forum and I've only decided to write just to congratulate you, Strelets, for such splendid sculpts and for your decision to delve into a new and wonderful period. It can only sell well, I'm sure. I for my part, as an XVIII CE enthusiast, will probably buy double digits of these guys and of those that will surely follow.

By the way, there is also some urgency to fill in some notorious gaps within the 7YW range. To name a few: proper heavy cavalry (cuirassiers mostly), grenzers and pandours, Hungarian infantry, French infantry w no turnbacks and 1 or 2 generic Artillery sets, just to give you a summary. Perhaps Strelets could adress these needs at some point

Best,

Nic

Re: A much needed breeze of fresh air

these are fantastic sculpts , my compliments to sculptor , the officers are amazing, i too will buy pleanty of sets when released !!! over many years i have collected 20mm figures for WSS & GNW from all makers both plastic and metal, may i suggest the poses for infantry could be fairly basic, eg marching , at attention, at ease, maybe charging.
and as the basic infantry uniforms in this period are fairly generic the figures should cover most nations, there is a wealth of info out there, books , online etc
again my compliment on the scupts , can't wait to see them available !!!
cheers Old John

Re: A much needed breeze of fresh air

Just when I thought I was out, they drag me right back in!

Re: A much needed breath of fresh air

Nicolasc
Finally, a manufacturer with balls to test unkown waters..

This is my very first message in this forum and I've only decided to write just to congratulate you, Strelets, for such splendid sculpts and for your decision to delve into a new and wonderful period. It can only sell well, I'm sure. I for my part, as an XVIII CE enthusiast, will probably buy double digits of these guys and of those that will surely follow.

By the way, there is also some urgency to fill in some notorious gaps within the 7YW range. To name a few: proper heavy cavalry (cuirassiers mostly), grenzers and pandours, Hungarian infantry, French infantry w no turnbacks and 1 or 2 generic Artillery sets, just to give you a summary. Perhaps Strelets could adress these needs at some point

Best,

Nic

Strelets creating SYW figures would be fantastic.

BTW my early war SYW French infantry are 20 mm metal: Wodenfield.

Can’t wait to see more !
Any chance they could be released this year ?
If you do cavalry please do many resting poses for us
Wargamerr ( Sabre on shoulder carbine upright -butt
On hip)
These enable much more uniform cavalry units

Qte "Any chance they could be released this year ? " Unqte

Yes.

Re: Qte "Any chance they could be released this year ? " Unqte

Well I really love them!!!!
https://youtu.be/zjicU-cXojA