Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Fusiliers

I agree, the image of the elite in summergear looks wonderful. However why not do the same excercise for the fusiliers with the correct kit. They did form the bulk of Napoleon's troops and were cheap to the emperor to equip. Just a backpack and a combined cartridge bayonet belt over the shoulder. It can be made more interesting by adding a breadbag and/or waterbottle. Remember, an ordinary regiment had four(I believe even six in the early years) fusilier companies and only one grenadier and one voltigeur company.I hope Strelets will consider this proposal.

Thomas
I agree, the image of the elite in summergear looks wonderful. However why not do the same excercise for the fusiliers with the correct kit. They did form the bulk of Napoleon's troops and were cheap to the emperor to equip. Just a backpack and a combined cartridge bayonet belt over the shoulder. It can be made more interesting by adding a breadbag and/or waterbottle. Remember, an ordinary regiment had four(I believe even six in the early years) fusilier companies and only one grenadier and one voltigeur company.I hope Strelets will consider this proposal.

I totally agree with you, especially since even if the rifle references are very numerous, what is available on the market is very unsatisfactory: the figures are either too small or with a rifle worn bad side, either with uniform errors. It's so true that I had to start my own resin production for lack of satisfactory candidates available on the market.

I get as far as rummaging around with milliput but the result is never as good as the output of my two favourite producers. How do you get along with resin if I may ask. I for one do not see myself making anything useful out of that, although that is, no doubt, my lack of skill. I rather leave it upto a.o. Strelets to put me out of my misery.

I hope that strelets will not mind me. Here is the link on the French forum page of which I am a part. Everything is there, the design of the prototypes and the manufacture of the molds. The figurines are then produced in polyurethane resin. With automatic translation you will not have any problems. It's very artisanal ...

http://fshf.forumactif.com/t140-infanterie-de-ligne-1er-empire-en-attente

Wagram 1809
I hope that strelets will not mind me. Here is the link on the French forum page of which I am a part. Everything is there, the design of the prototypes and the manufacture of the molds. The figurines are then produced in polyurethane resin. With automatic translation you will not have any problems. It's very artisanal ...

http://fshf.forumactif.com/t140-infanterie-de-ligne-1er-empire-en-attente

I still specify that the time to make a figurine is quite long and when I have the choice I prefer to buy the figurines ready made at a manufacturer, it's still faster.