Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question to Strelets?

Dear GarrisonClay,

We haven't thought about these specific sets but ACW line will be extended to accommodate few exotic yet famous subjects.
Best regards,

Strelets

I agree with Garrison Clay. The US Navy and Confederate Navy fought close to shore, fought in rivers, and fought on land so they are a huge missing part. I have wanted such figures for decades and would certainly buy them. Even if they were the same set in blue and in gray, but of course, two different sets would be better.

In addition, Berdan Sharpshooters, and civilians would be great additions to your line of ACW figures.

Thank you.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Louisiana Tigers, Iron Brigade and black union soldiers (54th Massachusetts) are three more distinctive sets waiting to be done also...

Many of us saw the thread from AP last year suggesting possible new ACW sets with some nice pictures - in case anyone interested in ACW missed it the link is below.

http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1064781&cmd=show

GarrisonClay
What are the chances of you making sets of American Civil War U.S. Union Navy Sailors and Confederate C.S.A. Navy Sailors in Blue and Gray to man Ironclads, Battle Ships and Riverboats? Both China and Russia are making beautiful easy assemble paper boats that look and feel fantastic, and the cost is paper cheap to build up both very interesting looking navies! Thank you in advance - GC
Don't worry Garrison, your wish may come true sooner than you think...

I certainly hope you are correct! The more I do reading into the ACW Naval battles and actions, the more it says the Civil War was won or at least influenced by these fine sailors on their magnificent fighting machines of the sea and rivers and disembarking and fighting on land. And what a variety of boats and ships.

I also studied a bit more and sailors carried cutlasses and pistols during the charge against Fort Fisher, would be easier if they carried rifles but I will have a look into this..