Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: quit waiting for new ancient sets

Zvezda did many Ancient sets, and they sold out! figure's pose, sculpting, mould quality is the King

Dear Martin_hu,

We are making few lines of sets simultaneously and we don't want to spread their delivery for years. Inevitably, we have to give priority to these lines, even with out 30+ sets/year.
Having said that, there will be other ancient and medieval sets in the not so distant future. No further details at this stage though.

Best regards,

Strelets

With that comment; I've noticed that these things seem to run in cycles. For a few years there seemed a drought of Napoleonics as other eras were being produced by the several main companies. For awhile it was WWI; Strelets produced an extensive Crimean War range. We see "Colonial Conflicts" being addressed by several companies and for the last year or two Nappies have flooded to the point it's difficult to keep up with all the great sets.

What SR has just told us confirms that in my mind. The Ancient cycle is coming - hopefully I (who reluctantly had to limit my range of collecting) will get the break I need to catch up on my painting all these great sets that have come out.

bring on the Ancient and Medieval!!! and take my money.

I think the first set, that we may see next from Linear-A, will be their Amazons set (which according to their website is in "production started" status as of May 2019):

Amazons are like London Buses, you wait for ages and then half a dozen come along at once... :smile:

Would rather see Dahomian Amazons (the real deal) or at least Scythian dressed ones... surely now theres five different sets on the market theres room for them as well? :wink: