Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Would you pay a little more ?

Alan Buckingham
Sell the cut off ones as a command pack, then the guys that want them can by as many as they like.
That would work too.

I'm with you Bert. One of the (many) attractions of Strelets is the range of poses in each set, often including command figures, of which I find you can never have enough.

Agreed.Never enough command figures.

Re: Would you pay a little more ? Definitely.

Allan from Glasgow
Hi Guys

Would you pay a little more for your sets if all sprues had the command figures still attached this would give us extra command figures.

I believe this would be great for American Civil War and Napoleonic periods which require lots of command figures, any spares could be used to make stands at brigade/ Divisional level

My latest Prussian figures had 10 poses on 3 sprues with a fourth sprue having the ten poses and four command figures. i would love four of the later sprue and would pay the extra cost. what do you all think?

If Strelets is reading this what would be the chance of this becoming a reality.

bfn

Allan

PS Lovely new Russians cant wait to get my hands on them

A lot depends on your figure ratio as to how many command figures are needed per unit.

My standard Nap. battalion is 16 figures strong. I need quite a few commanders, ensign bearers, musicians: usually more than is in any box except for HaT sets.

So, yes, Allan, I would pay the extra.

Allan from Glasgow
Hi Guys

Would you pay a little more for your sets if all sprues had the command figures still attached this would give us extra command figures.

I believe this would be great for American Civil War and Napoleonic periods which require lots of command figures, any spares could be used to make stands at brigade/ Divisional level

My latest Prussian figures had 10 poses on 3 sprues with a fourth sprue having the ten poses and four command figures. i would love four of the later sprue and would pay the extra cost. what do you all think?

If Strelets is reading this what would be the chance of this becoming a reality.

bfn

Allan

Regarding the price: in France the boxes have already increased by € 2 in one year.
Regarding the content: well, I guess everyone has different interests. As far as I'm concerned, command figures in separate boxes are the best solution. Indeed, it allows everyone to control the proportion of each figure. For the players I understand that it takes a lot of officers, flags etc ... On the other hand, for someone who reproduces battalions to 1/1 it has no interest, it's even very expensive. For example for a company of about 120 to 130 soldiers I would have to buy 4 boxes instead of 3 and I would have 15 flags, 14 drums and 13 officers who will be good to throw or 42 figurines!

It is obvious that under these conditions I would buy a maximum of one box ... or no boxes at all. But maybe I am one of the few to think that way.

Perhaps it is the “bonus” Strelsi figure that should be reduced to one and the officer figure reproduced on the sprue.
A lot of guys have testified that the bonus figure is a waste anyway and if only one were being produced per box,then those that do collect them would have in their possession an even rarer figure.
Just a suggestion.:wink:

Economics

Strelets can sell a whole extra box to people who want more command figures. Raw material cost minimal, so virtually all profit, and generates sales.

Dear Mark,

It's not about profit, really. It's about right proportions of command and rank and file.
Best regards,

Strelets

Allan from Glasgow
Hi Guys

bfn

Allan

Absolutely NOT. The old premium Strelets-R sets had every figure in a unique pose whereas the cheaper, great value, Strelets-Mini had 4 identical sprues. Now Strelets are cynically putting out Strelets-Mini sets with 3 of the 4 command groups chopped off and thrown in the bin and selling them as expensive Strelets-R! And you are suggesting we pay MORE for this scam???

I have this bridge in London over the Thames river you might want to buy...

Hi Steve,

You do realise I was posting a very civil questions to fellow collectors and to Strelets if they were seeing the original post.

I respect your right to comment on my question but please this a friendly forum that allows a lot of topics to be freely discussed without sarcastic comments about our points of view or your pretty poor view of strelets new format for producing figures at different stages of battle, which has been well received by many in the hobby.

Good luck with your collecting and have a nice day

bfn

Allan

P.s if your selling a bridge you might want to have a word with Boris he is always looking for a new project

Thank you, Allan, but my comments (politely phrased) stand. Grateful to read if you or Strelets have any substantive reply on the issues I raised?

Dear Mr. Strelets,

Re: Set STR180 Prussian Infantry Standing Shoulder Arms

From what previous forum people have highlighted is that in this set; three of the sprues have the two figures on the left and three figures on the right cut off or removed. So 1 Streltsi and 4 Prussians are lost from each sprue.

Q1a. So what do you (Mr. Strelets and/or manufacturer) do with those missing 15 figures?
Q1b. Do you just throw those cut off figures away?

Q2. Why don't you package those missing Prussian figures into another set/box? For example, for every four boxes of STR180 you manufacture, you would have 3x4x4= 48 Prussian command figures you could repackage and sell separately at the regular price.

The same philosophy could be used for other sets (including ACW) having "missing" or removed command figures...

Hi Steve.

most of the posters on this topic were in favour of this idea or suggested that they extra figures be sold as a seperate command pack.

If you take a moment to read Baratheons post it asked sensible well thought out questions of Strelets who we can hope will post a response.

On the subject of respect to others, calling the company that provides this space for us to discuss our hobby and who produces a wide range of figures which we have the pleasure of buying or not cynical or scammers is very poor in my opinion, and as we say in Scotland manners and good grace cost nothing.

On a final note lets all enjoy our collecting and buy as many or as few figures that makes us happy.

Have a nice day wherever you are and lets support our very niche hobby

bfn

Allan