Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Russian infantry

James, starlets like Strelets cost us some money but we like that a lot for sure ! :smile: :joy:

about action pose, it's a good idea Allan to add advancing muskets lowered to waist level !:+1:

I will add to my wish list reloading muskets poses and also some walls of bayonets (standing) when infantry protect themselves against cavalry charge.

It sure is James. most of my collection used to Hat, Esci and Airfix but in the last few years I have bought hundreds of strelets sets with very little from others. I did get some of Waterloo 1815 sets but they have been very quiet lately.

Redbox are looking good and hopefully will do French to match the recent Russians. Hopefully other company's will get new sets out this year.

We really do need more artillery as the esci and airfix sets are really dated, Strelets do some nice gun crew poses for later periods but seem to have avoided them from their most profitable period but we can live in hope.

Its been a great day big order placed and got a premium bond win in the post first in twenty years of owning them can you guess where its going lol

bfn

Allan

I try to mix different companies' output together when the style matches - minor (and even major) variations in poses such as firing can add life to a scenario. Where there is too much difference... well, I can always set them up as a new formation elsewhere on the board. These new sets are more than welcome and I hope to add them to my existing formations of Airfix (though many of these are being "retired" with honor - just meaning they won't be used as often), Zvezda, Italeri, Waterloo, HaT - and others. Great job.

Although...

... a thought on yet another possibility for future figures.

I'm painting some Airfix and Italeri French to add three more Vistula Legion regiments to the first that I did some years back. Makes me think that these famous troops, who served in Spain, Bavaria/Austria, Russia and Germany/France from 1808–14, have not been done in our scale and could well do with the 'Strelets treatment'.

A painting conversion of French line improvises but does not capture the special elements of their uniform from the sunburst plate on the shako*, kurta, Hessian boots (or knee-length gaiters), distinctive short plumes and epaulettes for the gren. and volt. companies, pompom and shoulder straps for the fusiliers, fore and aft hat for officers and distinctive colpack, apron and long trousers (or pants and boots similar to the other troops) for the sappers.

(*Possibly a czapka for grenadiers in later years, although there seems to be much uncertainty.)

Anyway, we could all go on and on as there are endless options for Napoleonic troops (and, in deference to Alan Buckingham, other periods too!) and I'm sure that Strelets will continue to deliver some beauties for us.

Have a grand weekend all, whatever you have left of it,

James

p.s. I agree Wayne, mixing similar figures from different manufacturers produces excellent variety in wargaming units too.

Re: Although...

Not Bavaria/Austria of course. Getting a little carried away there...!