Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Restock question to Strelets

Dear Ortwin,

we don't have such plans at the moment.
Moreover, we believe, that these sets are somewhat dated.
Would not rather have new sets, devoted to the subject?

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Restock question to Strelets

Yes, yes, please!

But first - thanks for the answer. By the way, they might be dated but aren't bad!

Two more questions: If you ask for my wish of new sets to this subject, is there maybe also a little chance that Strelets also tries e.g. a Testudo (or is there any set i don't know?)?

And have you thought about 'finishing' the pretorians with a Set 'in battle/advance'. That happend rarely enough, but happened - and it would help you to make something new - just edged shields and cut-off crests and the'd be legionnaries.

Just a try...

Best regards,
Ortwin

Legionnaire Advancing in Battle Formation w/Sword - Plus - Imperial Roman Officers

1. Here is one pose I wish a whole box would be devoted to (Legionnaire Advancing in Battle Formation w/Sword). I would make him with separate shield and sword - a flat mould facing forward for excellent details of face, helmet and armour, shield plugs onto pin, and sword plugs into "ring-hand" - a set devoted to this one pose with a few variations and I'd buy many for a great looking advance scene:

http://www.aeroartinc.com/imperial-legionnaire-in-advancing-battle-formation-w-sword.html

2. Regarding reissue, it would be nice to be able to buy the Roman Imperial Officers but in a single box, not a big box. Those are the ultimate roman sprew, but far too expensive to get the new sprew. Link:

http://plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2274

Thank you in advance.

Re: Legionnaire Advancing in Battle Formation w/Sword - Plus - Imperial Roman Officers

Indeed - i agree with GarrisonClay for this is a very important pose (well, i wouldn't need a set of just such figures, but a good bunch of them in a set are reasonable).

The main problem with M009 - as i think - is the positioning of the Gladius (3 bad, 2 good, 1 okay). It was a stabbing-sword, so striking is not impossible but difficult.
Also figures holding the sword or spear to their side cost space for the soldier next to them - not really good.
But i like the pilum & hasta figures. They would be a good addition to M020.

With M008 it's almost the same. Holding the weapon sidewards isn't wrong - it just makes movement of the neighbouring soldier a bit difficult. For having Spathae, the swordmen haven't the same problems as legionnaries.

You see, i haven't got a lot of suggestions but with little changed moulds of some figures and some new figures
(e.g. also legionnaries holding their scutum upwards, kneeling legionnaries stabbing under the slightly raised shield through, maybe Testudo formation, more action for elites like pretorians)
it would be great. With the only problem, that you nevertheless need to do everything new..

Re: Legionnaire Advancing in Battle Formation w/Sword - Plus - Imperial Roman Officers

Do you have any plans to reissue the Crusades sets?

No, not at the moment.
Regards,
Strelets