Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Adrian Wall By Alberto Maialetti & Strelets Romans

There is no denying Alberto put a lot of effort and time into his "brick and mortar" Adrian's Wall Diorama. It looks really great. What an relaxing way to wake up Saturday morning, have a cup of black coffee and feast my eyes on that famous wall and being visually reminded of the Roman Mile Forts and the towers in between. One of the world's greatest wonders.

It's amazing Alberto actually hand laid the bricks and used mortar to raise his structure. The Romans are painted with silver helmets and some with gold helmets. Those have been my favorite colors ever since Giant's gold and silver color Ancients blistercard figures sold in grocery stores of the 1960's.

I now have a modest but complete Roman collection of and inspired by Strelets - Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery. I'm learning as I grow each year that collecting these miniature works of art is easy. The hardest part is finding enough time to desprew the soldiers, and even though I don't paint my collection, I still use dish detergent and a super soft brush to clean all of them before cutting them free of the sprew. Ever since I was 10 years old I just love the feel of truly soft, plastic miniatures in my hands. And the powers to be willing when I'm older and get closer to my expiration date, I'll always have my collection that will still feel awesome in my fingers.

Great work, Alberto and thank you Strelets for the postings. You guys made my already nice Saturday morning even nicer! - GC

Re: The Adrian Wall By Alberto Maialetti & Strelets Romans

Yes , very good, real effort has gone in to that Mile fort.

Adding to the chorus of praise; a superb diorama!
All of the figures look wonderful, but I especially like the Strelets marching legionaries. Magnificent wall and fort. Beautiful work!

Yes! I really like this, Great model of a turret and the wall, the size and proportions look spot on, so does the position of the ditch. The figures are all excellently painted, and very nice figures they are too. I like the cavalry ala patroling along the outside.

Also,I think this gives us a very good picture of how the wall was used, with small detachments of men keeping watch on the frontier and signaling any trouble, and larger bodies of troops being moved wherever they were needed (see the celtic shields and siege ladder over the ditch).

Very nice.