Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Civilians as a new line.

This is something I have always said..civilians are sorely needed,Roman's and Greeks have them ???
So why not everyone else,there has always been civilians involved as bystanders,scouts,helpers ,camp followers, most times handled the other duties not fulfilled by combat.
It would be like not having cavalry or mobile forces with your infantry...they go together

The "fill the gap syndrome" again
Not my thing I prefer the increassing quality way, like Strelets have done with old subjects like the British colonials or Boers
Just my point of view

Murat
As someone who likes dioramas, I've always yearned for someone to produce civilians. Not just as 'collateral damage' but as walking refugees, bystanders, workers (on land and industrial).
They would sell to Model Railway enthusiasts too.
Particularly WWI and WWII as a start. But the need for indigenous peoples is apparent especially if Strelets produce a French & Indian War range.
Under the Tag Linear A & B we have Roman civilians. (I have some) How well do they sell?
Unfortunately model Railway enthusiasts have a different scales and none are 1/72.

00 Gauge
scale 1:76 The most popular model rail scale in the UK. The figures would have to be much smaller to be suitable 20-21mm.

H0 Gauge
scale 1:87 H0 Gauge is the most widely used gauge outside the UK.

N Gauge scale 1:160 (Europe/US) gauge 9mm

Preiser offer many civilian figures in 1/72 scale, among them a set of figures of the 1920s, and a few sets of WWII figures, including refugees. Check it out ...

https://www.preiser-figuren.de/massstab_suche,1:72