Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday Teaser

Not my era but great looking figure I don't want to be a Boer but I think he is.

As a couple of other have pointed out Chuck, I think he's a Boer. Note the rifle and bandolier.

James Fisher
As a couple of other have pointed out Chuck, I think he's a Boer. Note the rifle and bandolier.
Thinking to myself how much trouble it would take to convert the bandolier to a blanket roll... The answer comes back - "Not much."

Dear Strelets,

What a nice surprise to discover a great looking Master-in-progress Teaser picture. Maybe he goes with the two previously posted Masters not yet identified!? My best guess is they are all three Boer War.

Further, thank you very much for posting the updated pictures of the British Pom-Pom with Scotish Crew final products. This not only really helps me to set aside budget, but excites me to confidently order extras just because I now know they look so nice!

Have you considered making a Scotish Infantry set sometime in the future? I'm just loving these newest additions to your already great Boer Wars Range.

Have a great weekend :wink:

This guy looks as he’s trying to arrange a shotgun wedding!:laughing:

Celtic warrior
This guy looks as he’s trying to arrange a shotgun wedding!:laughing:
He immediately brings to mind a fella name pa; pronounced 'poor', hey?!

Lovely sculpt and great pose. His eyes focused on the target while slightly leaning forward and with his right leg in motion... with his hand reaching for a new cartridge.

My only reservation is with the size of the rifle. While I'm not 100% sure about the model of this rifle, it looks like a Model 1893 or 1895 Mauser to me (that were favored by Boers), which overall lengths were about 120 cm or less. I allowed myself to make some changes to the pic you have posted just to make it easier to illustrate the difference.

But then again, we have the factors of different human sizes and the fact that Boers were armed with all sorts of different type of rifles (and their lengths and sizes).

If this is a glimpse into the future of a new Boer Commando set, then I couldn't be happier.

And on a side note, this could also be used for other colonial conflicts and Mexican Revolution.

Undoubtedly a Boer, which is great and opens up possible other uses. What would be really nice would be a re-release of the old dismounted Boer set if that is technically possible. What about a big box set for Modder River or Spion Kop?

Graham Korn
Undoubtedly a Boer, which is great and opens up possible other uses. What would be really nice would be a re-release of the old dismounted Boer set if that is technically possible. What about a big box set for Modder River or Spion Kop?
See the Hannants link below - your wish may be comming true.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/STR05672