Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brunswickers

I thought the Brunswickers deserved their very own forum thread after seeing Strelets excellent masters of the Leib Battalion I would like to see a mix of Line/Light Infantry Shako's as well.

As Strelets do not usually do spare Shakos but do make a large selection of poses I thought they would consider making figures wearing Line/Light Infantry Shako's of which there are two basic types some of which could be covered.

Re: Brunswickers

Brian
I thought the Brunswickers deserved their very own forum thread after seeing Strelets excellent masters of the Leib Battalion I would like to see a mix of Line/Light Infantry Shako's as well.

As Strelets do not usually do spare Shakos but do make a large selection of poses I thought they would consider making figures wearing Line/Light Infantry Shako's of which there are two basic types some of which could be covered.

I have to agree, the Leib Battalion has already been covered with minimal chance of conversion. As there were six times as many troops wearing a shako with woollen plume rather than drooping horse hair surely it would be more beneficial to the hobby to cover the line and light troops?

I agree. The leib battaljon has been covered, as are the 'gelernte Jaeger'(hunters who could read and write believe it or not) Regular line infantry has not been covered. It would be a nice in the not too distant future Friday surprise to have them as well.

Thomas
... 'gelernte Jaeger'(hunters who could read and write believe it or not) ...

Sorry to interrupt, but the online dictionary must have got it wrong.

gelernte Jäger = trained/skilled huntsmen :white_check_mark:
gelehrte Jäger = erudite/wise huntsmen :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Tried pretty hard to imagine a battalion of highly educated riflemen during the "Sturm auf Halberstadt" 1809. :joy:

As for more Brunswickers, yes please! :wink: :+1: