Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Orion ......why the prejudice ?

Alan Buckingham
Orion now have produced Two sets of German tank crews, two sets of Russian Tank crews , two sets of American tank crews and NO SETS OF BRITISH TANK CREWS!!. Why ? Here are some idea`s ORION , British tank crews summer dress 44/45 winter dress 44/45 Desert dress 1940/43 Early war 1939/40 Far East 1941/45 , Brits were fighting in tanks continuously from 1940 to 1945 in one theater or another ,No country of the main combatants did armoured warfare longer, so come on and pull your finger out, or is this just Brit hating prejudice?
Erm...no country did armored warfare longer? Germans from '39 to '45 (possibly earlier, if you count in the tankers from Austria, Czechslovakia, possibly Spain), Japanese from like '33 to '45 (and no tankmen of them either!), Russians from '39 to '45 (Winter War began in '39), so I'd argue the only nation they did more armored warfare was the Americans.

However! I agree that we need more tankers as I really like the current Oron offerings. I received the US tankers recently, and I really like them. The combat poses are great, just like the ones for the turrets. So I wish there will be similar figures for the Brits at one point or another.

zirrian
Alan Buckingham
Orion now have produced Two sets of German tank crews, two sets of Russian Tank crews , two sets of American tank crews and NO SETS OF BRITISH TANK CREWS!!. Why ? Here are some idea`s ORION , British tank crews summer dress 44/45 winter dress 44/45 Desert dress 1940/43 Early war 1939/40 Far East 1941/45 , Brits were fighting in tanks continuously from 1940 to 1945 in one theater or another ,No country of the main combatants did armoured warfare longer, so come on and pull your finger out, or is this just Brit hating prejudice?
Erm...no country did armored warfare longer? Germans from '39 to '45 (possibly earlier, if you count in the tankers from Austria, Czechslovakia, possibly Spain), Japanese from like '33 to '45 (and no tankmen of them either!), Russians from '39 to '45 (Winter War began in '39), so I'd argue the only nation they did more armored warfare was the Americans.

However! I agree that we need more tankers as I really like the current Oron offerings. I received the US tankers recently, and I really like them. The combat poses are great, just like the ones for the turrets. So I wish there will be similar figures for the Brits at one point or another.
Well I stand by my statement, none of the major combatants were in continuous tank action longer, Germany had time off summer 1940 to 41 , Russia 40-41 America did not get going until late 1942 , Japan late 1941, and I was being WW2 specific, and not including what are widely accepted as local wars .

Alan Buckingham
zirrian
Alan Buckingham
Erm...no country did armored warfare longer? Germans from \'39 to \'45 (possibly earlier, if you count in the tankers from Austria, Czechslovakia, possibly Spain), Japanese from like \'33 to \'45 (and no tankmen of them either!), Russians from \'39 to \'45 (Winter War began in \'39), so I\'d argue the only nation they did more armored warfare was the Americans.

Well I stand by my statement, none of the major combatants were in continuous tank action longer, Germany had time off summer 1940 to 41 , Russia 40-41 America did not get going until late 1942 , Japan late 1941, and I was being WW2 specific, and not including what are widely accepted as local wars .
Ok, I'll just stop here, but you have a British bias.

"so come on and pull your finger out, or is this just Brit hating prejudice?"

Wait a minute: You don't get one of the toys you want, and you claim that is for some hating prejudice - seriously?

Hate ? not my word/s , but there must be some reason Brits have not been done, and seeing as they have not,why ? Not enough 1/72 British tanks ? I think not , someone else has already made them ? No , not much anticipated demand, surely not , they have been requested frequently on every 1/72 forum for over a decade to my knowledge. The latest set Americans in winter gear, covers the winter of 44/45 a few months of the war, A set of Western desert Brits would cover four years 1940,41,42,43 , so to me there seems no logical reason as to why they have not been done, so that leaves an illogical one, prejudice could be an example of that, hence the question mark it is a question not a statement.

I am with Alan. Britain's (meaning the entire empire) contribution to ww2 is highly neglected....
Though, strelets made some good efforts recently...

And not to forget the first companies for our hobby. Airfix and Matchbox were also british. And some of their items still are states of the art...

It's all about the markets. The market seems to love Nazi figures and their implacable foes the Yanks - thanks Hollywood!

Agree about needing british/Indian tank crews and riders ,but what about also French and Italian crews and tank riders ?,I love the Japanese aa gun and crew,hopefully these will also be repeated in other nations as well .