Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good Friday

Bert
Ah this is another one of those posts where we get to see the selfishness of others in our hobby! So wonderful to see all those who ranted so fervently against Fantasy figs just because they don't collect them! How nice that you put so much selfless thought toward your brother collectors that do!

Reminds me of all the lovely figure painters who constantly rant that all figures should come in tan or gray plastic because it is easier for them to paint & all others can go %$#@ themselves!

Bert, you're an ornament to the hobby.

I Have no problem with Strelets starting a fantasy line but I think people should be allowed their opinion.
Or does that little voice in your head tell you otherwise?

Boy, I've been called many things over the course of time, but ornamental is not one of them!:wink:
Oh I agree. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, as am I!:expressionless:
I just find it very unsettling for people to tell a manufacturer what they can & can not do! & do so with no regard for what other people might want to see!:angry:

Bert
Boy, I've been called many things over the course of time, but ornamental is not one of them!:wink:
I just find it very unsettling for people to tell a manufacturer what they can & can not do! & do so with no regard for what other people might want to see!:angry:
Dear Bert,
I do not think it's selfishness. The interest of strelets business is to produce but also to sell no? The interest of the customers is that this manufacturer is in good health and that it produces during still for a long time not? So I imagine that if strelets probe the people of the forum to know if a theme is profitable or not, it is more honest to say if we will not buy this type of box. I agree with you that there may be a way to say things to hurt no one but I do not want strelets to keep stocks of thousands of boxes of unsold because of bad choices.

Bert
Bert, you tell people/the manufacturer what you want all the time!
Pot meet kettle.
A good example is your insistence on plastic colour. I have no problem with your differing opinion to mine. I also have no problem with, say, Strelets when they use a colour I don't like. Please don't try to re-ignite this debate BTW. I've heard all the pro arguments, you've heard all the anti. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this & probably other issues.

We need to keep things civil, avoid bad language & allow for people's differing opinions.
Wagram1809's post (above) is the voice of reason.

I am new to this hobby (about 3 years since I bought my first Strelets figures), but I find it a distraction from the bad use of social media and bullying at school.

I like the message from Paintdog

"We need to keep things civil, avoid bad language & allow for people's differing opinions."

Bert
Ah this is another one of those posts where we get to see the selfishness of others in our hobby! So wonderful to see all those who ranted so fervently against Fantasy figs just because they don\'t collect them! How nice that you put so much selfless thought toward your brother collectors that do!

Reminds me of all the lovely figure painters who constantly rant that all figures should come in tan or gray plastic because it is easier for them to paint & all others can go %$#@ themselves!
I follow the forum for interest, but have not posted before.

The dwarfs and orcs look interesting on ebay, if a bit expensive for me.

I just wanted to point out there are a few of us SISTER collectors in the hobby too!

Bert
Ah this is another one of those posts where we get to see the selfishness of others in our hobby! So wonderful to see all those who ranted so fervently against Fantasy figs just because they don\'t collect them! How nice that you put so much selfless thought toward your brother collectors that do!

Any chance these will be made in gray plastic?
Any chance at all you will be re-releasing the 1st set of Trolls + all the Cimmerian sets in gray?

Posted by Bert - Sep 3rd, 2017 - 5:59 PM

Oh how very perceptive of you "confused!" You can have my badge for your dutiful Police work! & as you will notice, that is me "ASKING!" & "HOPING!" not DEMANDING!

I will never deny I make my opinions on future sets known, but I would never presume to "TELL" a company what they should do! Thank you for making my point "confused!" So very nice of you! :smiley:

Strelets
Gentlemen,

some time ago there was a thread, devoted to fantasy staff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173877046163
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173877063382
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173877074039
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173877080987
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173877086589

Best regards,

Strelets

My preference is for the Napoleonic armies, nevertheless the world of fantasy figurines is vast, so everything depends on what you want to produce. Another brand knows how to make very beautiful figurines of the saga the lord of the rings and I do not think that it is interesting to exploit the same vein. On the other hand, if strelets was interested in armies of iron throne I think I would be likely to buy a number of boxes.

The interesting thing is, what's Strelets' point of view now?

Do they take the chance and hit the 'imitator' out of business with making an own fantasy range, so everyone can see the difference (in both - name and quality), or was Strelets just amused about them and wanted to show us this sort of joke?

- badly i have to share Bert's view but in a more modest way of formulation -

Ciao

Although strelets may be making fantasy figures or not they could if they are making them release them under a different brand name to avoid confusion, maybe Hellbeasts or the like or maybe we could all send ideas To strelets & they could choose the best name for the new range & even offer a prize of say 10 free boxes of figures for the best ideas.:joy:

This is possibly the longest thread for many months (I haven't checked) but it seems fantasy isn't popular among contributors. Of course we don't know what the non-contributors are thinking.

I don't want them either but no doubt Strelets will be driven by business concerns, some people will want these and, who knows, the subsequent sales may generate more income that can be used to develop more mainstream eras.

My original comment - "I am also with those whose interest is in historical theme figures." - was only intended to give Strelets a bit of feedback if they were trying to gauge the potential level of interest in a Fantasy range.

If I have caused anyone any offence, I am sorry.

I hope you all continue to enjoy the hobby, whatever your lines of interest are.

Surely the point of the forum is to express opinion and not decide whose opinion is right. Comment away (unless you think I'm wrong haha)

Endeavour
Surely the point of the forum is to express opinion and not decide whose opinion is right. Comment away (unless you think I\'m wrong haha)
Hi Endeavour,

I don't want to disagree with you, It's just that you pinched my spot as the last person to comment.

Sandy

Calm down gents, wer'e all playing with toy soldiers, if some do fantasy at the moment , they might switch to historical.
Although personally i am quite content to have a purely fantasy game using my dacians or celts versus 100 y w French.
Totally inaccurate but fun and enjoyable.
If you want 'hordes' , you don't really need loads of orcs/goblins, just use your imagination.

I have no objection to non-historical figures but I think Strelets would have to be careful what they chose as other manufacturers have got there first, with some very nice products. Personally I would be more intetested in sci fi and pulp type figures. I expect they would have to be careful about copyright issues but I would love to see figures that were reminiscent of Alien, Predator, Dark Skies, Starship Troopers (who would not want to go on a bug hunt?), I expect Star Trek, Star Wars and Dr. Who would be popular but would probably very difficult with regard to copyright. A personal want that is not quite historical is figures for VBCW, although these could have a lot of uses in other scenarios. All I want is that Strelets stay in business, as I think they are the premier figure producer now.

given the news that redbox/orion/alliance is out of making new sets for awhile,change my answer from yes to an emphatic yes on fantasy.

Its funny how people jump to conclusions given the least opportunity...

:wink:

HARON
Apr 29, 2019 - 7:15AM
Quote Reply Re: Haron
In the nearest future no new sets from me will exist

HARON
Apr 30, 2019 - 4:32PM
Quote Reply Re: Haron
Problem in finance

just concluding from his words on this forum