Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question about Lewis/Clark figure

The hunting/shooting figure seems to be wearing a breechcloth? I was thinking of cutting it off...opinions?

Bob

Re: Question about Lewis/Clark figure

PSR's Review of the Lewis & Clark set of another company also includes additional historical findings contributed by Mr. Arlin Tawzer. Regarding the shooting figure (of which the set includes two (2) identical) Arlin mentions ...

... "The hunter firing the rifle is from a picture of the Lewis-Clark party joining the Indians in a buffalo hunt."

So my guess is since there are two (2) of this particular shooting pose in the set, and he doesn't appear to represent a famously named personality, he could be considered generic. So why not go ahead and do some trimming and make a conversion of the second figure! Now you have a historically real unnamed hunter actually in a picture, and another unnamed hunter conversion of your creation.

It's my understanding Arlin is a professional historian and I know he has contributed many creative "conversions" of his own to various forums over the years, so many thanks to Arlin for his information on PSR.

Re: Question about Lewis/Clark figure

In the early 19th century in the West, trousers were still relatively uncommon garb. Most in the wild on the frontier still copied the more convenient Native American style of shirt, leggings, and breachcloth. So, if anything, it is surprising that so many figures in this set are wearing trousers. The standing-firing figure is wearing what was almost certainly still the more common clothing.