Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mounted rifs

rmfex2003
These look as nice as the Foot Rif rebels, and I'm very pleased with those. Personally, I am happy to have them for use as generic arabs over a wide range of geography and time. (I had never heard of the Rif War until a few months ago, and it's not high on my list of interests.)

There was also a promise of #192 'Rif Rebellion'. Do we know anything more about that?
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for my Airfix Arabs but I am also grateful to Strelets for making all the RIF Arabs and Lawrence of Arabia Arabs. Like rmfex2003 I also had never heard of the RIF War and am happy to have so many new Strelets Arab sets to mix and match an army any way I want for Beau Geste, or WWI, or the RIF War, or ... "Thanks Strelets Team!"

Strelets would do well to retitle the RIF War Campaign to something else as so far none of the sets produced or shown has anything much to do with the Rif War and the Rif Rebels sets aren`t even much use for North Africans generally either apart from a few poses.
A generic set of Berbers( or possibly two-one mounted and one on foot) would be much more appropriate as opponents for the FFL or other French Colonial forces (should any appear)
So for the time being I´m sticking with the also flawed in some respects but still usable ESCI and Airfix sets.

How about making them in air force blue and calling them RIF-RAF? :)

Thanks, I'll see myself out............

This one made me laugh two days in a row. "RIF-RAF" - Good one!

All joking aside, after all the discussion about details on the RIF-RAF's, I got out my magnifying glass, and was just blown away by all the fine details. They are really great Arab-looking opponents for the FFL. So nice so, in fact, I just ordered three (3) more boxes just in case they begin to become hard to find in the future.

Have a nice weekend you comedians - GC