Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Out off stock

Disappointing that many sets are out of production
Unable to complete plans for my figure sets
I do like the sculptured ,figure design much to your designers credit
buyers can't complete setts or opposing armies for gaming or dioramas
So very disappointing
I my self will have to buy from other company's to get complete setts

Re: Out off stock

I, too, suffer from the same affliction, however in my case it's because I keep changing my mind. I can hardly blame the manufacturers for that.

As an example I formed my Prussian Infantry from Airfix French until Revell brought out their Prussians. Then I decided to expand my Prussians to include all involved in the hundred days and not just those committed to Waterloo. By that time Revell were becoming scarce but Hat was coming to the rescue. Then I decided to replace all the Revell with Hat, but Hat had stopped producing the marching figures. I was tempted to invest in Strelets new marching figures until I found out Hat were re-releasing theirs. Now I'm waiting on those same figures hitting the shops.

Luckily eBay usually comes up trumps providing you have sufficient patience and more money than sense.

Good luck with finding whatever it is you want.

Yes
I know what you mean I look at different scaled figures
As well
Best to stick to one and mix and match
Just a pity on strelets I do like their figures
I also thought of Waterloo buying, getting different armies
1/72 scale would be the best and cheapest way to do that
It's good there's different company's to be able to do that
Anyway still like sterlets figures I might try for
Gettysburg
Thank for reply

Out of stock and Ebay. I can never understand why the producers do not re release the sets that are selling for such high prices if we foolish buyers are willing to bid and pay this sort of money for the rare sets there is a market for them to re issued the sets.

Yes I agree
But I think it's tooling cost
Stelets have told them produce
A certain amount of each Set then once sold
Then that's it
A real shame
Do not know what type of production
Moulds they use
I would have though they where steel tooling
Anyway life goes on
Thanks for the reply

If you have the Master Figures it is easy and cheap to make the moulds. If you just have the figures you can make reasonable copies from them just a problem with the copyright.
Figure to rubber mould then resin/plaster = figure then a zinc alloy mould. However some producers just use a high temperature plastic moulds then low temperature poly for the casting. In one unnamed Far East Country bootlegs were being sold for $1.00 a box and fairly good copies. A few years ago an Indian company produced Airfix HO OO figures that were retailing at 1.99 Euros in the shops. But Caesar figures are harder to bootleg as most of the figures have 3 part moulds.

Mick
Yes I agree
But I think it's tooling cost
Stelets have told them produce
A certain amount of each Set then once sold
Then that's it
A real shame
Do not know what type of production
Moulds they use
I would have though they where steel tooling
Anyway life goes on
Thanks for the reply
There are many methods of producing tooling for plastic injection moulding, one of the most common methods today amongst smaller producers is short run tooling and has been around for a very long, this means what it says a limited production based on a tool that has a limited life expectancy, Strelets is one of many smaller firms that use this method.

Its relatively quick and cheap compared with other methods and can produce good results, its main disadvantage is its limited production as the tool wears out fairly quickly...
If it wasn't for short run though many subjects wouldn't be available and theres always the possiblity of producing a new kit often in an improved version.

:wink:

Yes that's very interesting
I have worked in the wargames figure producer industry
Caster and mould maker using silicone moulds
Also injection moulding I did not know There was different types of moulds.
As we used steel metal moulds
So I will look it up

Many Thanks for the feedback and all
Replys