Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question

Any civilian figures is appreciated.

I would especially love civilian Far East/Chinese for: Chinese Civil War/WW2/Vietnam/Indochina/ with conversions for Opium Wars and Samurai Wars.

Dear Strelets,

your civilians of roman life are brilliant but unfortunately there are no civilians of other centuries with more historical happenings for our life today.

So I can't find civilians of the napoleonic time, the american civil war time, the world war 1 and especial of the world war 2.

Of course somebody will disagree this statement and somebody will say there are a lot of civilians of this time - but if there are any civilians on the market, are they really such as brillant as them of strelets?

Because of this I bought a lot of your civilians of roman or medieval time and I used to rebuild them that they fit in times where I can't get any civilians with such a good quality as yours.

If you have a little bit time in your tight timetable, please create civilians of napoleonic time, the american civil war time, the world war 1 and especial of the world war 2 centuries.

Strelets
Gentlemen,

we've released quite a few sets, devoted to various aspects of Roman life, not only military one.
In your opinion, does ancient Greek life deserve similar kind of treatment?

Best regards,

Strelets
Definately :+1: and I´d say yes to sets of civilians for any period you cover :+1:

This is a great idea. There are plenty possibilities for decent sets. Hellenistic philosophs, Hellenistic Courts of Alexander IV, the Diadochi or even Mithridates of Pontus. Plenty of construction work, multipurpose sailors and craftsmen, famous priests or even the Pythia on her throne!

Please consider hellenistic troops like thorakitai, pezetaroi, cretan archers, rhodian slingers and so on !!

considering hellenistic troops are a good idea:

a lot of different and colorful sets:
Infantry
Cavalry
Elephants
Command

and headquarter

Strelets
Gentlemen,

we've released quite a few sets, devoted to various aspects of Roman life, not only military one.

Best regards,

Strelets
YES YES YES, Love it!!! :-))

I bought all the strelets and linear b civilian sets and would buy all issued in future

Strelets
Gentlemen,

Best regards,

Strelets
To answer the simple question that is asked: I have nothing against but they are not boxes that I plan to buy.

No

My opinion: medieval Europe is much more interesting. Many military figures are produced, but there is no civilians in plastic.

Agree with most others that a range of Ancient Greek Civilans would be very useful and greatly appreciated. It would be reasonable to subdivide the range into different periods and topic areas (market scene, different craftsmen, court life, etc. ...). :+1:

As for similar ranges, I won't trouble you with another exotic wishlist but can very well imagine the value of Civilian figures suitable for the 19th & 20th centuries. :wink: :sweat_smile:

How much difference exactly would there be between ancient Greek and Roman civilians?

It is a good question, so I did some searching on Google for daily life pictures but pretty much only found people shopping in markets.

Atlantic sets were reissued under NEXUS and are readily available for a good price still.

I bought a few of your Roman Transport 4 set with the Basterna/Sedan Wagon. I love it and I can use it also in Peking Chinese themes.

I've got several ATL Greek Warships and they made other boats already also.

If you take up the challenge, what sets/themes do you think you could add to and would be popular?

Thank you for asking - GC