Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French infantry marching

Mr Schmitt
As far as I can see they are equipped like grenadiers or voltiguers, but they don't have any epaulettes which were always worn on the coat and they have a pompon like fusiliers had.

Therefore my question; what are they supposed to be, fusiliers or elite?

Hope Strelets will answer this time.
Actually the lighter saber is too much

Wagram 1809
Mr Schmitt
As far as I can see they are equipped like grenadiers or voltiguers, but they don\'t have any epaulettes which were always worn on the coat and they have a pompon like fusiliers had.

Therefore my question; what are they supposed to be, fusiliers or elite?

Hope Strelets will answer this time.
Actually the lighter saber is too much
including the belt

The sabres are not the biggest issue. If they are light infantry, that would be a unique set since they are not made in greatcoats sofar, they might have dumped the epaulettes on the greatcoat but kept the swords in good old contrary fashion. I am not so fond of the shoulder the musket is carried on.

A contrary point of view, if I may.

I like them.

For me flexibility is the name of the game. DAS or Milliput and a knife are wondrous things. I'd rather add epaulettes (as I did with Hat's Young Guard in greatcoats), than have to slice them off.

I can easily trim a sabre and paint out a belt--much simpler for these items than trying to add them with putty.

I can add a plume too, as I have on far too many occasions, but it is, naturally, far easier to chop one off. The removed plume then makes for handy conversions of other figures. That's the change that I'd request, but it's likely too far gone and the pom-pom only with the greatcoat is probably most appropriate.

Musket slung on the right? If it is good enough for Meissonier then it's good enough for my figures!

Of course, I can but comment 'for mine'. :grinning:

James