Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austrians in winter, shoulder arms.

Alan, I thought that your post on the previous thread waa a bit cheeky (albeit written slightly tongue-in-cheek), but then Strelets deliver these cheeky little numbers!

They are *definitely* right up my alley. Thanks Strelets!

Good sculpting STRELETS !
Those Austrians Grenadiers will be good for the 1814 Campaign of France.
Regards.
Patrice

Well, I can give up several hours of sleep a night. I MIGHT catch up by 2050, but these are "must-haves." Well-done!

Great looking figures the lack of Quality Austrian troops has been addressed by Strelets, I cant wait to get my brush on these they should be a quick paint as well with the winter uniforms.
I also like the variety of head gear the troops are spouting.
Will you be releasing a Grenzer set as these were a big part of the Austrian Napoleonic forces Yes I know I am a bit greedy but if you don't ask?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Strelets, wonderful sculpture.

But:
The officers,the drummer and the Zimmermann are clearly German grenadiers. All the others have long trousers like Hungariens but not tight enough. Therefore my question, do you have any source showing German grenadiers in long trousers without gaiters? I've never seen any.
One grenadier is wearing a cap in Hungarien style. Why?

Unfortunately most of your wonderful figures don't have the 'Feldzeichen',a spring of green foliage worn during campaign.

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Mr Schmitt
Thanks Strelets, wonderful sculpture.

But:
The officers,the drummer and the Zimmermann are clearly German grenadiers. All the others have long trousers like Hungariens but not tight enough. Therefore my question, do you have any source showing German grenadiers in long trousers without gaiters? I've never seen any.
One grenadier is wearing a cap in Hungarien style. Why?

Unfortunately most of your wonderful figures don't have the 'Feldzeichen',a spring of green foliage worn during campaign.

Many thanks in advance for your answer.
Yes I agree with Mr Schmitt,

The Greatcoats are a little long here but you should be able to see the gaiters on the German Grenadiers or tight trousers with ankle boot for Hungarian's, I have not seen Austrian wearing campaign trousers, the field sign (sprig of leaves) should be added and the officers coat tails should be a little longer.

None of the above criticisms are insurmountable but would save a lot of time and effort with a scalpel and Fantastic Sculpting yet again.

Any new Austrian troops are good to take even though these pants pose a problem. These figurines can be used for a long period from 1805 to 1815. Austerlitz is in winter, it's good!

The pants are problematic - it would be great if there could be a fix, but to fix them at this stage where it appears the masters are complete would require a delay and incur costs. For me, at this scale, it's nothing a bit of paint can't cover. Now if these were 1/32 scale it might be a big deal killer. But at this scale there is so much more positive about these gentlemen it outweighs the negative of long pants/overalls. JMO.

And why are the command figures all without greatcoats? Are they so tough, that they don't feel any cold?

Austrian officers in the field normally wore a Oberrock (short overcoat) - to conserve the ordinary uniform and for better identification.

Overtrousers (as depicted in the set) were sometimes worn on campaign - but not regularely.

Greetings from Austria
Thomas