Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pom-pom with British crew

I see the Highlander crew for the British Pompom are still wearing skirts rather than kilts. They need changed to having pleats at the rear.

Re: Pom-pom with British crew

Whilst delighted , I have to agree with the above comment and was hoping the figures we were teased with were a new set of infantry, but needless to say I will be buying them.

i wish that strelets would re tool those colonial britsh infanty and highlanders for boer war please

I think it pretty bizarre that this set has been created at all... does it have any basis in fact? by that I mean kilted Scottish troops operating pom-pom guns....
I always thought such weapons were counted as artillery at this time..

Are these two articles of interest/relevance?

https://www.bwm.org.au/mgs.php

https://www.britishbattles.com/great-boer-war/battle-of-magersfontein/

FIRSTLY I'd like to compliment the sculptor on the excellent details.

Super job on the Foreign Service Pith Helmets. The Air Vent on top gives them such a nice touch. And the excellent flares on the helmets around the bottom brims front and back. I've read many Officers paid out of pocket to have their own helmets made designed stylishly the way they liked them.

Also excellent are the double ammo-pouches and braces that hold them up. Same for the other accoutrements.

I love the sabres on two of the men, and I also like all of the poses. For me, I'll use these soldiers for firing some Pom Pom Guns.

And I'll also use them as a Command set for Highlanders getting ready to charge the Boer trenches and bringing up more "Bullets From Birmingham" just like in the Zulu and Zulu Dawn movies.

So many uses for me!

NEXT POINT(S) Please, you simply have to make:

(1) another set of pure Infantry for these guys to fight with, especially the Officers and Ammo Team. There is no limit to how many sets of these Highlanders you can make, and we'll be buying all of them. Especially myself regardless of box art and mix. I'll also be using some of the British 15 pdr 7cwt BL Gun Artillerymen from that set to man and operate some of the Pom Pom Guns. See, now I've got to buy twice as many Artillery Sets to get all of the guys I need to operate all of my Pom Pom Guns.

and (2) More British Cavalry, Lancers, and Officers on Horseback. There were lots and lots of famous Officers also to make a set of Foot Officers or combined, just like your American Civil War Series.

WELL, TOMORROWS FRIDAY SO FINGERS CROSSED. THANK YOU STRELETS TEAM!

Dear GarrisonClay,

we've just submitted few new masters for this period in a thread below this one.
Have a nice week-end!

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear GarrisonClay,

we\\\'ve just submitted few new masters for this period in a thread below this one.
Have a nice week-end!

Best regards,

Strelets
Dearest Strelets Team,

These Friday Teaser Pictures are "A Feast For My Eyes!"

Thank you and faithfully yours in return - GC