Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French line infantry on the march 1

"Strelets keep up the good work and one day I will admit I have a problem"

Hi Allan,

Is it this problem, that you're talking about?:wink:

Regards,

Strelets

Hi strelets,

You know you should never enable an addict, I promise to stop buying after the the next set whenever that is. Thanks for new sculpts love the flag bearer i will need to get family to take over my wallet.

Do you have any news on Napoleonic Artillery sets I am asking for a friend of course.

bfn

Allan

"I promise to stop buying after the the next set whenever that is"

Hi Allan,

before you make such a pledge, you'd better wait till Friday, when we will reveal few new masters for the set, that will be made AFTER that next set. May be not your period, but that's how addiction is tested. :face_with_thermometer:
Best regards,

Strelets

Re: French line infantry on the march 1 nice thank you strelets :-)are you going make cavalrySetsTO?

Nice russians,french austrians, british,prussians infantry are coming .strelets are you going to make cavalry sets for napoleonic sets? Thank you sposiba za vsio shto vi zdelali.

Re: French line infantry on the march 1 nice thank you strelets :-)are you going make cavalrySetsTO?

PAVOL
Nice russians,french austrians, british,prussians infantry are coming .strelets are you going to make cavalry sets for napoleonic sets? Thank you sposiba za vsio shto vi zdelali.
Dear Pavol,

at the moment we're working on the infantry. You can imagine, what volume that task alone gives us for the near future. Having said that, we also see the gaps in cavalry sets, that are there as well but that will be the next stage.

Best regards,

Strelets

STRELETS would be possible if you could add in future to your sets extra heads different head gear?

Hi strelets any chance of adding extra heads to your sets for conversions so we can have more options to convert figures?because when I see them standing for ceremony or before battle formations or on guard duty or presenting arms so we have more options or marching on battlefield we can convert them base on what we need or what we like?thank you.Best regards.

Re: STRELETS would be possible if you could add in future to your sets extra heads different head ge

Dear Pavol,

at some stage we thought about extra "spares", but decided that we have enough variety in our sets as it is now, when we have many non-repeating figures devoted to a specific action: standing, marching, etc.

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: STRELETS would be possible if you could add in future to your sets extra heads different head ge

Strelets
Dear Pavol,

at some stage we thought about extra "spares", but decided that we have enough variety in our sets as it is now, when we have many non-repeating figures devoted to a specific action: standing, marching, etc.

Best regards,

Strelets
Ouf !

I think it's good that every manufacturer has a different logic. Every buyer to his logic he must be able to choose the manufacturer that suits him the most. Some would like more drums and flags by boxes, some would not like it at all, some would only want soldiers on the march (that's my case) others would only want soldiers shooting, and others would only want soldiers in action. In my opinion, your latest production choices are the best for people who buy multiple copies of a box. In addition the quality of your figurines has really improved in recent years.

Hi strelets . I think extra heads is always huge plus because you can use it for more then 1 projects and we all have different preferences so it doesn’t take much space as figures. Speaking for my self it may be big factor for me in buying multiplay sets for example lets say you make 6 sets of french napoleonic infantry sets 1,marching,2 standing firing,3.just standing 4 firing standing 5 standing shoulder arms 6 charging with bayonets .. now I will buy from your lovely figures each 1 set but as i need for diorama more marching infantry i will buy more sets of those and charging with bayonets but for example standing shoulder arm parades mostly took on nice days or soldiers for let say exceptiotions put more parade uniforms for ceremonies like today class uniforms now when you give them covers on headgears for that unit buying multiplay sets for that particular set decreases but if i have more option defenetly that alone will determine how many sets I will buy.then I always need core sets meanning that im looking for particilar poses in my case marching order napoleonic troops if they are in winter uniform defenetly i will prefer covers for shakos if they are without coats then yes shakos without covers is my preference but I still will convert some now i know your future set austrian grenadiers most of figures have covered headgear so as they have shouldered weapon i will not buy them because before battle they wouldn’t do that so they are meant mostly likely for ceremony and as myself as i have served in 2 different armies as infantrymen so when inspection happens from high ranking officials then class uniforms is on no matter what whether it is. The same goes for napoleonic for ceremonies parade uniforms is on for battlefield campaign uniform is on so defenetly standing and shouldering weapon is ceremony.so headgear would be more likly without covers to impress.now history shows that when armies where marching soldiers they ware protecting there uniforms especialy expansive headgear by cover during marching but many individuals for big battles chose dressed nice ( not all it was individually)as they expected to die nicely dressed or to impress in all times especially in napoleonic wars .not like during long marches or unexpected battles or shortages of supplies.so it is always better have extra heads As it is big factor for me plus human nature is that most of us we like something we wanna put the most pretty thinks for napoleonics to make it more beautiful then in reality it was.so speaking for mayself I will prefer more french shakos without covers even for russian campaign in 1812 because at borodino wasn’t that cold. But after French left Moscow then covered shakos for marching heads are prefered. But it will not give me option to change shakos ... best regards.thank you so much

Pavol, I understand your request and I would have totally agree with you if these options had no impact. It seems to me that one of the interests of the scale 1/72 is its small size and its relatively low cost. What you propose has been made by other brands but it has necessarily resulted in a decline in the number of figurines boxes and a rate increase which is normal for the manufacturer does not lose money. I hope you will not take it badly, my objectif is obviously not to attack but what you want is in 28 mm. Why want that in 20 mm?

Don’t worry no hard feelings after all you are my colleague as we share the same hobby:-) and your nick says it too.. best regards.

Hi Allan,

alas, not Napoleonic artillery...

Best regards,

Strelets

Hi Strelets,

Its nice to see that you are covering other periods and giving my sanity a chance to recover. I will look forward to the Napoleonic Artillery sets when you get round to them. I know we have been spoiled for Napoleonic sets lately.

Have you ever thought about the early Arab / Israeli conflict for a new period, I dont think it has been covered and would allow the use of WW2 Armour and vehicles and early cold war equipment as well.

Re: French line infantry on the march (Colonial British Infantry Masters)

These Colonial British Infantry Masters are Miniature Masterpieces - all of them!

The authentic Foreign Service Pith Helmets with all the clear details, Ammo Pouches, Full Braces and other accoutrements are spot on. I am beyond excited to be able to buy them.

For the Colonial British Infantry, I'm making a Play Set of "55 Days at Peking's British Legation." Your 15 pdr Artillery Crew are already warming up on my conversion of the "International Gun" aka "Betsy." Your new Infantry will join the FFL as garrison troops protecting all the Civilians and Legation Staffs from the Boxers within the British Legation.

The FFL will also defend the "Peitang / Beitang Cathedral" I'll assemble as another Play Set. A siege within the siege. And of course I'm working on the FFL Forts as promised before. No point in hurrying because I'm waiting for the newest FFL sets to come out.

Well done Strelets Team - all of you guys!

Can those figures be used for the war in Soudan against the Mahdist ? Same question goes for the other beautyful masters of the British/Scottish artillery ?
Regards.
Patrice

Patsheuck
Can those figures be used for the war in Soudan against the Mahdist ? Same question goes for the other beautyful masters of the British/Scottish artillery ?
Regards.
Patrice
Hi Pat,

I'm going to use the British Infantry and Artillery for Kitchener in the Soudan. I've tried to enter a link herein on YouTube. These Infantry will work for the 2nd Boer War and Omdurman. In fact, you can see the Officers wear the "Wolsoley Pith Helmet" so I plan on borrowing some Imperial British Camelry (Lawrence of Arabia sets) guys and use for Officers. They wear Bandoliers, and in fact in the movie clip below from "The Four Feathers", the Bugler on the horse is wearing a Bandolier. Lots of options. Hopefully several of the Infantry will have Neck Curtains on their Foreign Service Helmets just like many of the Boer War and Soudan British used. I've got all of my good books still in boxes, so some of my best sources are in storage. Anyway, have fun dreaming.

Hopefully Strelets will make some sets of Mahdists and Fuzzy Wuzzies. I'd love to see some new sculpting for them.

As time goes on, Pat, and more and more sets become known, many of the Forum Members will have suggestions for everyone on how to use these new sets. Link, please copy and paste above into your Browser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C79cOW4yDNo

Hey Garrison
Thank you for your interresting information.
According to STRELETS new sculpting skills I hope too that Strelets will make some sets of Mahdists and Fuzzy Wuzzies. I look forwars to see them.
Thank you too for your link. I like it very much.
Regards
Patrice

Ye gads, that looks like French infantry in greatcoats standing at ease. Contributing further to our 'first world problems'.
Beautiful figures both. The officer is quite the gent. Standard-bearer a stand out, as Alan has said.

I really enjoyed the humorous exchange above. Brilliant interjection from Strelets too!