Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: hello Strelets

Bert
They've already said they won't!
Too many current scheduled projects to start something new.
Fantasy & sci-fi are not at all appealing to me but I think Strelets are missing an opportunity by ignoring them.

Without a doubt there are more F&SF gamers than historical ones. Good figures in these genres would surely make a healthy profit.

Please no fantasy-or fiction-figures!
I think too that theirs collectors prefer mostly bigger scales for them than 1/72.

I collect and paint 1/72 scales of most eras from ancient to modern (with a preference for colonial period). Recently I've been buying the Dark Alliance & Caesar fantasy figures to cross-over and fight them - why have the British 24th Regiment invade Zululand when they could invade Goblinland? :wink:

As a painter, fantasy offer unusual and interesting challenges (and they give me a nice rest from Scottish kilts and German Waffen camo patterns)! :grimacing:

Fantasy figures in 1/72 scale gives good alternative, competition to Games Workshop and others, and is a growing market in my opinion. I buy from 2 on-line retailers - one in UK and one in USA. I have a huge wish-list of sets awaiting my purchase (usually I buy 7 sets a month) - and because I watch their inventory levels, I have noticed that the recent Dark Alliance fantasy sets (sold by both retailers with high inventory levels) have been selling out fast causing me stress - and forcing me to buy them ahead of others!

Well i'm searching for fantasy figures and i DO search them in 1/72 (don't know how someone who isn't interested can know about 'our' interest?).

I began too late with the hobby to get e.g. all the Caesar fantasy sets and really wonder why there isn't a big Secondhand-exchange site (at all, not just fantasy) for 1/72 figures.

Even with the Alliance range, Strelets could do a lot beside them - with a good coordination it don't have to be concurrence.

It don't has to be done yet or in the next time and also it don't has to be a main- or even a big range, it can be a sidegag; and obiously it sells as can be seen with Alliance & Caesar.