Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Streltsi Bonus Figures - enough already?!

Option 1:

Nice to trade away to people who actually collect them. A talking point when meeting new collectors, and also a way to draw attention to the great nordic war. Also there is the tradition of the figures.

Option 1 but with a few in period variants such as pikemen, gunners, etc

I've painted and traded them over the years and it's a nice feature of the sets.

I think that it´s a tradition of Strelets and so really theirs choice - and I like these little surprises....

Option 2

I have always thought the bonus figure should reflect what is in the main set of figures or at least a figure from the same era, if you buy a Napoleonic set of Prussians for example the bonus figure should also be a Napoleonic Prussian or at least a figure from the Napoleonic era.

The Strelski's could still be made but as full set of Strelski's rather than having to buy boxes of Napoleonic or WWI figures to get your Strelski bonus figure.

Meanwhile I keep all the Strelski's I have with the plan of converting them to Napoleonic Ottomans one day.

I vote anything except strelets, so option 2 or 3 , aside I just sold on ebay all I had , in excess of 100 and probably got my money back, certainly enough to buy two boxes of figures I do want, the bidders were Russian , so I think outside of Russia not a lot of interest in them.

Nah keep making them eventually I'll have enough to make one of these:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Plastic-Army-Men-Fruit-Bowl/

:wink:

Ironsides, you can't see any use for Streltsi except for just making fruit bowls?! :innocent:

After a week, so far, this "non-binding" poll results are as follows:

8 votes (38%) for Option 1 (give us Streltsi) and 13 votes (62%) for other options (no more Streltsi).

Thanks everyone for your answers (votes), and reasons for and against. They are all compelling arguments. I'm sure this has been very informative for everyone...

Interisting interpretation of the votes cast. :joy:

A sober recount of the 21 votes shows following picture:
Option 1 received 10 votes (~48%)
(This includes Ironsides being sarcastically in favour of having some surplus figures at least and Bert wanting a wider coverage of the Streltsy topic.)

Option 2 = 5 votes (~24%)

Option 3 = 5 votes (~24%)

One voter remained vague on a definitive answer, but clearly decided against the Streltsy (A.B. indecisively between Opt. 2 & 3)

Adding up all putative anti-Streltsy votes we end up with roughly 52% vs. the 48% votes in favour of this tradition.
A very narrow result.

Thanks Peter-the-Great, oops I missed Bert's mention of Streltsi in his proposed option #4 so yes agree; it's a vote actually for option #1 (so 9 votes of 21). I did interpret Ironsides to have no real use for more Streltsi - so would ask him to help us clarify and settle the poll, and give us his final (serious) answer on which option he would prefer (if he says yes to option #1 then agree, yes; 10 votes out of 21)?

Ironsides, what say you sir? :yum: