Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wounded horses and soldiers

Hello

I am looking for suitable figures to depict a cavalry attack in the battle of Waterloo (1815). I found that there are very few sets showing wounded or dead horses.

This is certainly a problematic issue when you think of 1:72 figures as toys for children.

But for diorama-model builders, this is a segment in which there are only 4-5 deratical figures. But in order to get these horses, you have to buy unfortunately 4-5 sets of cavalry figures, which also come from different historical epochs.

Would figure sets depicting victims of war make sense to you for different historical eras?

Would you buy such sets?

Re: Wounded horses and soldiers

This is interesting, obviously a lot of metal manufacturers make casualty figures and some rules include casualty markers as part of their mechanisms. Trouble is you'd need multiple sets of dead and injured to cover all the different periods. At least for wargamers I expect a few 20mm casualties in metal with just a couple of poses would be sufficient but more of a problem for diorama builders. Some people really skilled at selecting appropriate poses from active figures and converting them to casualties - a video tutorial on how to do that effectively would be helpful if someone with the skills could oblige.

Hi Gerd

Art Miniaturen, a metal figures supplier in Germany, has very good figures of casualties, in particular also French Curassiers you can use for Waterloo

Happy modelling

I think a set of wounded and casualties would be great - perhaps a few poses from different types of units in the same army in an era would be doable. I know some can do conversions, but not everyone is as adept. There are some sets out there, but they tend to be of poor quality in my opinion.

I would like it also,

the funny thing is, there is one or the other manufacturer which has great interest to implement (sometimes a bunch of) such figures. But the problem is - as always - the era and special type.
Well and... hm i don't really want to say cause it's a bit ungrateful, but it's not Zvezda, Strelets, Caesar or another of this league.

Ykreol had a wonderful, extensive series of sets, YKRIP
Sadly Yves no longer seems to be making them. Perhaps he could be encouraged again, or others could buy the moulds?

Newline design have 20mm casualties for most periods and armies, they work with 1/72.

I could look them up myself (and probably will...), but what medium are Newline figures, metal, plastic, or resin?

Just ordered some of their figures today....all appear to be metal, but are very reasonably priced.

Also, there are some nice casualty figures from Speira Miniatures you should check out as well.

Working on a horse casualty for ACW and Napoleonic wars, but will take some time, eventually it will be sold under the Speira label.

Great news indeed!