Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medieval Britain and Crusades

zirrian
Dear Strelets!

Would you please consider re-releasing the Medieval Britain set? The Scottish War of Independence is a favourite topic of mine, but I missed the set the first time it was available, and now they are impossible to find.

Also, some years ago in an email you've mentioned that there'd be a big set for the Crusades too, is this still the plan? Alternatively, would you consider re-releasing the smaller sets? The sergeants are one of the best generic medieval set, but again, it's rather hard to find, and a big set containing sergeants, crossbowmen, knights, turkopoles, etc. plus a similar one for the muslims would be most excellent.

Thank you, and I hope to grab these sets soon-ish.

P.S.: if anyone is selling Strelets medievals, please contact me! :D
I´ll second that :+1:

Re: Medieval Britain and Crusades and also russian army of alexander nevsky.

Yes I’m trying to get them too as well as russian army of alexander nevsky.any chances of re-releasing them?

Dear Zirrian,

we don't have such plans in the near future.
We are planning few re-releases in 2019 but not for these ones.

We appreciate, that all have their budgets and financial constraints but our advise would be to grab a set of interest when it's still available, as very often, they won't have "afterlife" in form of re-releases either due to mold wear and tear or for other reasons. Just think about this: there are more than 120 sets, that are completely sold out by now and if we re-release about 6 of them every year (which is a lot by today's standards), it will take over 20 years to re-release them all. In the meantime we will come up with 20 years x 25 sets/year average output = 500 new sets, some of which will also be sold and require re-releases. What are the chances, that any given set will be re-run?

We hope that it clarifies,

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Zirrian,

we don't have such plans in the near future.
We are planning few re-releases in 2019 but not for these ones.

We appreciate, that all have their budgets and financial constraints but our advise would be to grab a set of interest when it's still available, as very often, they won't have "afterlife" in form of re-releases either due to mold wear and tear or for other reasons. Just think about this: there are more than 120 sets, that are completely sold out by now and if we re-release about 6 of them every year (which is a lot by today's standards), it will take over 20 years to re-release them all. In the meantime we will come up with 20 years x 25 sets/year average output = 500 new sets, some of which will also be sold and require re-releases. What are the chances, that any given set will be re-run?

We hope that it clarifies,

Best regards,

Strelets
Thank you for the answer - I feel a bit down, but I understand. Still, in case you find some in a warehouse sitting idly, my email is here :P

On another note - the recent medieval archers and footmen were really great, but 1-2 extra sets would make it a complete line. Maybe a box of 13th century knights, combining both foot and mounted knights? Or some mounted squires?

I really do hope Strelets will return to medievals, as the recent output has been great. I got the big boxes for the Dark Ages, and hopefully I can paint up some armies from them this year.