Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Medieval Britain and Crusades

Dear Strelets!

Would you please consider re-releasing the Medieval Britain set? The Scottish War of Independence is a favourite topic of mine, but I missed the set the first time it was available, and now they are impossible to find.

Also, some years ago in an email you've mentioned that there'd be a big set for the Crusades too, is this still the plan? Alternatively, would you consider re-releasing the smaller sets? The sergeants are one of the best generic medieval set, but again, it's rather hard to find, and a big set containing sergeants, crossbowmen, knights, turkopoles, etc. plus a similar one for the muslims would be most excellent.

Thank you, and I hope to grab these sets soon-ish.

P.S.: if anyone is selling Strelets medievals, please contact me! :D

Re: Medieval Britain and Crusades

zirrian
Dear Strelets!

Would you please consider re-releasing the Medieval Britain set? The Scottish War of Independence is a favourite topic of mine, but I missed the set the first time it was available, and now they are impossible to find.

Also, some years ago in an email you've mentioned that there'd be a big set for the Crusades too, is this still the plan? Alternatively, would you consider re-releasing the smaller sets? The sergeants are one of the best generic medieval set, but again, it's rather hard to find, and a big set containing sergeants, crossbowmen, knights, turkopoles, etc. plus a similar one for the muslims would be most excellent.

Thank you, and I hope to grab these sets soon-ish.

P.S.: if anyone is selling Strelets medievals, please contact me! :D
I´ll second that :+1:

Re: Medieval Britain and Crusades and also russian army of alexander nevsky.

Yes I’m trying to get them too as well as russian army of alexander nevsky.any chances of re-releasing them?

Dear Zirrian,

we don't have such plans in the near future.
We are planning few re-releases in 2019 but not for these ones.

We appreciate, that all have their budgets and financial constraints but our advise would be to grab a set of interest when it's still available, as very often, they won't have "afterlife" in form of re-releases either due to mold wear and tear or for other reasons. Just think about this: there are more than 120 sets, that are completely sold out by now and if we re-release about 6 of them every year (which is a lot by today's standards), it will take over 20 years to re-release them all. In the meantime we will come up with 20 years x 25 sets/year average output = 500 new sets, some of which will also be sold and require re-releases. What are the chances, that any given set will be re-run?

We hope that it clarifies,

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Zirrian,

we don't have such plans in the near future.
We are planning few re-releases in 2019 but not for these ones.

We appreciate, that all have their budgets and financial constraints but our advise would be to grab a set of interest when it's still available, as very often, they won't have "afterlife" in form of re-releases either due to mold wear and tear or for other reasons. Just think about this: there are more than 120 sets, that are completely sold out by now and if we re-release about 6 of them every year (which is a lot by today's standards), it will take over 20 years to re-release them all. In the meantime we will come up with 20 years x 25 sets/year average output = 500 new sets, some of which will also be sold and require re-releases. What are the chances, that any given set will be re-run?

We hope that it clarifies,

Best regards,

Strelets
Thank you for the answer - I feel a bit down, but I understand. Still, in case you find some in a warehouse sitting idly, my email is here :P

On another note - the recent medieval archers and footmen were really great, but 1-2 extra sets would make it a complete line. Maybe a box of 13th century knights, combining both foot and mounted knights? Or some mounted squires?

I really do hope Strelets will return to medievals, as the recent output has been great. I got the big boxes for the Dark Ages, and hopefully I can paint up some armies from them this year.