Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Highlanders : why yet more figures?

"Strelets*R was founded in 1998 to fill the gaps in the figure market that had previously had to be filled with conversions by collectors themselves"

This statement is on the homepage of this very website and is, perhaps, the reason some people raise an eyebrow every time Strelets R produce a set that has already been made or step into an area that is already well served- Whilst it might make sound commercial sense to produce yet another set of ACW figures(or Napoleonic Highlanders) it doesn't exactly fit with this philosophy does it?

It is true that there are quite a few Highlander sets been made but non that are as specific as at attention, at ease, on the march & in attack.
Strelets have found a gap in the market & are reaping the benefits, these sets really fit the Napoleonic era & are like a breath of fresh air.
Strelets could concentrate on obscure sets all the time but they would soon go out of business & that would not help anyone build their armies.

Steve H
It is true that there are quite a few Highlander sets been made but non that are as specific as at attention, at ease, on the march & in attack.
Strelets have found a gap in the market & are reaping the benefits, these sets really fit the Napoleonic era & are like a breath of fresh air.
Strelets could concentrate on obscure sets all the time but they would soon go out of business & that would not help anyone build their armies.

Steve H, I agree with you - Strelets needs to stay with "bread and butter" lines such as Napoleonics. Even the Strelets ACW line for example, which I would say is a "bread and butter" line too has now provided me (as a collector and painter) with a very realistic array of infantry figures and poses to (re)create the entire Gettysburg Battle - with regards to the variety of poses (marching, attacking, skirmishing, standing/at ease etc) during direct confrontation of the two opposing forces in the encounter. I am now repainting my old ESCI, Accurate/Revell, Italeri and Imex figures but I must say, once painted up the Strelets figures are quite impressive and do have very realistic looking poses. I actually prefer these Strelets figures to the older ones. I along with many others, do believe there are still gaps in ACW line that still require filling - once the entire Strelets ACW line is completed, I anticipate "retiring" my older non-Strelets ACW figures to other uses and scenarios. Napoleonics collectors probably feel the same way as their armies continue to expand! lol