Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Plans for more WW1 Serbs?

Dear Duncanh,

this set wasn't popular, especially if compared to the Arabs, for example. It wasn't unexpected to us, and we were prepared, that a remote theater with restricted media coverage won't become a big seller. We will try our luck in this area with some other subjects that you can see on the futures list.
Please, be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

Dear Strelets
Thank you for your reply. I am very happy that you are continuing to cover WW1 and am looking forward to the new sets planned for the future which will hopefully see good sales.

I cannot recommend that set highly enough because of the excellent quality of the sculpting and the many conversion possibilities.

That's too bad about the Serbs - I bought several packs and they are indeed excellent figures with lots of conversion possibilities. Perhaps a better seller might have been a set of Serbs in summer uniforms for the Balkan Wars and the campaigns of 1914-15 - those are much better known by the general public (at least the part of the general public that wargames or models with 20 mm soldiers) than the later campaigns in Macedonia. You could also have given them Austro-Hungarian or Bulgarian opponents in distinctive uniforms - no one has ever made WW1 Bulgarians in plastic or any of the early-war Austro-Hungarian cavalry units (hussars, dragoons or uhlans).