Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Early Friday

Maybe British infantry in the Cape Frontier Wars (aka Xhosa Wars), South Africa (Cape Colony) during the 1830s???

Strelets...my family never see me any more.
These figures and sets you are producing are too good!:grinning:

Could those bottom two figures be late WW1 or even WW2 Belgians? Those would be great. Another company was going to make them but has apparently put that off indefinitely to make other sets like "WW2 German Tank Riders in winter dress set 5".

Colin D.
Could those bottom two figures be late WW1 or even WW2 Belgians? Those would be great. Another company was going to make them but has apparently put that off indefinitely to make other sets like "WW2 German Tank Riders in winter dress set 5".
I wonder which company you are talking about - surely not another third reich set from them! :grimacing:

I too was interested in the Dutch component of that set but clearly it is not part of their master plan - only the master race now!.

Looks like 2019 from Strelet will be an informative one yet again. If it is the a Scots set (an excellent choice) and good luck in painting tartan trousers

RCD
Colin D.
I wonder which company you are talking about - surely not another third reich set from them! :grimacing:

I too was interested in the Dutch component of that set but clearly it is not part of their master plan - only the master race now!.

Looks like 2019 from Strelet will be an informative one yet again. If it is the a Scots set (an excellent choice) and good luck in painting tartan trousers
I am sorry but they did make them. Well that's what they told me. So sorry they are out of production NOW !!!! Strelets have always made the sets they say they will. I along with others have had to wait a bit longer than we would of liked (for myself 24 hours 36 max seems long enough to wait) No Strelets are now the number one Company for me. Now Mr Strelets about those new Winter War Finns.

They are talking about a "Imerator" producer. Julius "Caesar" was such an imperator.

johnny
RCD
Colin D.
Could those bottom two figures be late WW1 or even WW2 Belgians? Those would be great. Another company was going to make them but has apparently put that off indefinitely to make other sets like \"WW2 German Tank Riders in winter dress set 5\".

I am sorry but they did make them. Well that's what they told me. So sorry they are out of production NOW !!!! Strelets have always made the sets they say they will. I along with others have had to wait a bit longer than we would of liked (for myself 24 hours 36 max seems long enough to wait) No Strelets are now the number one Company for me. Now Mr Strelets about those new Winter War Finns.
Not sure which company you have been talking to! I was commenting on H039 Caesar miniatures and I assume Colin D was talking about the same set.

Excessive number of third Reich stuff YES , H039 World War II Belgian and Dutch Army NO! (I am also waiting for H034 LATE WW1 French which still has TBA)

Have you ever seen any pictures of them or bought them? If they have been have produced and put on sale they would have appeared on PSR - they have a cross against them. Been scanning the web to find any pictures these mythological products - no pictures at all.

Anyone out there got photographs of painted HO39 Caesar miniatures for us to see?

RCD
johnny
RCD
Colin D.
Could those bottom two figures be late WW1 or even WW2 Belgians? Those would be great. Another company was going to make them but has apparently put that off indefinitely to make other sets like \\\"WW2 German Tank Riders in winter dress set 5\\\".

I am sorry but they did make them. Well that\'s what they told me. So sorry they are out of production NOW !!!! Strelets have always made the sets they say they will. I along with others have had to wait a bit longer than we would of liked (for myself 24 hours 36 max seems long enough to wait) No Strelets are now the number one Company for me. Now Mr Strelets about those new Winter War Finns.
Not sure which company you have been talking to! I was commenting on H039 Caesar miniatures and I assume Colin D was talking about the same set.

Excessive number of third Reich stuff YES , H039 World War II Belgian and Dutch Army NO! (I am also waiting for H034 LATE WW1 French which still has TBA)

Have you ever seen any pictures of them or bought them? If they have been have produced and put on sale they would have appeared on PSR - they have a cross against them. Been scanning the web to find any pictures these mythological products - no pictures at all.

Anyone out there got photographs of painted HO39 Caesar miniatures for us to see?
I can confirm that Caesars H039 World War II Belgian and Dutch Army has never been made but I would very much like to see them made by somebody.

However caesars H034 WWI French Infantry (1914) has been made and should still be available but is early WWI.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1376

For late WWI French Infantry look at Pegasus set.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1530

they also make a WW2 version.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1538

The Belgians used Mausers, and multiple german style cartridge pouches for clips, so I'd say these are Frenchies, the Lebel was reserved for French troops which these seem to have....

:wink:

Something else I noticed about the top figure - he seems to be sporting a bushy moustache(?). Facial hair is not something to be seen on Napoleonic-era Brits except infantry pioneers so that might date him to the mid 19th century onwards when it actually became forbidden to shave the upper lip! (only dropped in 1916)

AFAIK the Dutch and Belgium WW2 were never made so maybe they fibbed to me. But there again I bought some 1/72 Star Wars Figures made by (Small Light sic) but it seems there was some problem about Copy Right so they were never Made or Supplied officially But I have 4 boxes and the quality is first class so not HK rip offs. I find it hard to understand the time it takes to produce a new set. Strelets AFAIK have never taken longer than 8 months from coming soon to me having them in my grubby hands. The other companies coming soon can be 3 years to never.

Strelets first figure is almost certainly a 93rd (Sutherland Highlanders) who saw action in the War of 1812 as Steve O has already said, unless this figures has long coat tails then he could be from the Crimean War or one of many Colonial Wars.

Strelets 2nd and 3rd figures look dare I say like more Italians to me but could also be French and lets hope Belgians.

Brian
Strelets first figure is almost certainly a 93rd (Sutherland Highlanders) who saw action in the War of 1812 as Steve O has already said, unless this figures has long coat tails then he could be from the Crimean War or one of many Colonial Wars.

Strelets 2nd and 3rd figures look dare I say like more Italians to me but could also be French and lets hope Belgians.
If Italians then the tunic is wrong, cant really tell what the pouches are but should be multiples. Generally the Rifle should be the Carcano Modello 1891 infantry rifle which has a visible mag.

Belgians have broad falling collers multiple pouches and a different rifle.

So I still believe these are French or at least a nation who used French equipment.

Hopefully the will include the right selection of weapons for platoon level units...

The second figure looks to me like a chasseur portee, France 1940. Even if it’s not, I will gladly draft them as such.

At 1/72 scale with a little paint I could make them work for Napoleonic British; geez, even without painting or even 1/32 scale. It's my army (LOL). Seriously, any discrepancies, even the "overbite" on the upper lip can be compensated, I think. I will use them as Napoleonic British.

I'm with Ironsides here, no Italians also beacuse they lack shoulder rolls.

But did the Belgians not wear standing collars in late WW1 like the private does, it was the coat that had a falling collar.
https://qmi.be/belgian-ww1.html

His tunic seems rather short though! Regards, Pa

The Belgians went through a series of uniforms the "winter" tunic that you see there with the standing collar is I believe a British supplied example for 1915(so you could use modified British infantry for this period) but photos I have show they also used tunics similar to French colonial infantry tunics with broad falling collars later in war; I suspect the truth is a mixture in service at any one time.. But then reliable imformation appears to be quite scarce, mostly though the pics I have that show troops wearing the french stle capote or something very similar with multiple belt pouches which is the most distinctive feature I think, they used Belgian adapted Chauchats slightly curved mag and apparantly reliable, Mausers or other rifles with visible mags(not lebels), Colt Mgs and others, French grenades etc...

I dont think there was much action on the Belgian front once the Yser area was flooded in 1914 and they remained neutral practically thoughout the war not really taking part untill late on other then defending the land still held and operations in other countries, I think largely because of fears for the civilian population...

I'd really like it if the first figure was from an Indian Mutiny set, but I think the trousers and tunic are of an earlier style. Nobody's ever done an Indian Mutiny series in 1/72 or 1/32.