Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wish List for 2019

Byzantines (at least two sets), British WW2 SAS, WW2 Greek Army, Vietnam war sets (Vietnamese south and north, Vietcong, US green berets, US marines, Aussies etc) , WW2 Chinese army Communists and Nationalists (at least two sets), Japanese army in winter uniform, British 14th army, WW2 British paratroopers, WW2 US infantry in pacific theatre, WW2 Polish cavalry, WW2 Soviet artillery etc etc

And yes, some personalities would be good, I fully agree Graeme !!! Churchill, MacArthur, W. Slim, Stalin, Roosevelt, de Gaulle, Koniev, Himmler, there is plenty of nice ideas...

Anything post WW2 / Modern. This is one of the biggest gaps in the hobby. we have all the jets, planes, helicopters, tanks, etc in 1:72 scale, but very few figures. To start, how about:

French Indochina:
- French Foreign Legion (FFL) Paratroops
- FFL Para Heavy Weapons
- Regular FFL Infantry
- Viet Minh Infantry
- Viet Minh Heavy Weapons
- Viet Minh Sappers
This war had lots of battles involving thousands on each side including Dien Bien Phu.

Korean War (Winter):
- US Marine Corps in Winter Gear (for Chosin Reservoir)
- Chinese Infantry in Winter Gear
- Commonwealth Infantry in Winter Gear (and also summer gear)

Yom Kippur War
- Israelis, Egyptians and Syrians

Iran / Iraq War
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Iraqi Republican Guard
This was another massive war that went on for years and involved huge battles

Union Navy for the ACW, they often did landing parties.
Berdan Sharpshooters ACW

US Army World War One

US Army Pacific World War Two
Dutch Army 1940
Dutch Army KNIL Pacific

All the Strelets artillery crews as separate figure sets from the four large hard plastic artillery sets.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

1. Imperial Roman Generals, Centuria, Command Set - mounted and dismounted

2. Imperial Roman Auxillaries and Legionnaires - wounded, dead, surrendering, enslaved

3. Napoleonic British 95th Rifles - in SAM formats

4a. British East India Company Soldiers (including sepoys), British Raj India circa 1800s - in SAM formats and Command

4b. NW Frontier British Colonial Soldiers, Victorian era - in SAM formats, including artillery

5. NW Frontier Indian Bandits and Thuggees - in attack

6. ACW Union Iron Brigade soldiers - in SAM formats

7. Native American Indian Scouts (ACW/Plains Indian Wars, some dressed in full or partial uniform)- mounted and dismounted

8. US Buffalo Soldiers (10th Cavalry, Plains Indian Wars) - mounted and dismounted

9. US 7th Cavalry (Plains Indian Wars) - in defence (Custers Last Stand), mounted and dismounted all "Airfix" Classic style

10. French Foreign Legion - Command set, Heavy Machine Gun Squads, including artillery (circa 1900-1920 North Africa)

11. WWI French Senegalese soldiers - in attack with machetes

12. WWII Chindits (Japanese invasion of Burma/Malaya/India)- in attack, jungle patrol

13. WWII Malay Regiment (Japanese invasion of Burma/Malaya/India)- in attack, jungle patrol

14. WWII Burmese Army (Japanese invasion of Burma/Malaya/India)- in attack, jungle patrol

15. WWII Indian Infantry (Japanese invasion of Burma/Malaya/India) - in attack, jungle patrol

16. WWII Gurkhas (Japanese invasion of Burma/Malaya/India) - in attack, jungle patrol some armed with kukri curved blades

LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT 2019 FROM STRELETS! :heart_eyes:

Well - I can only re-iterate my desire for 19th century European subjects (especially Franco-Prussian War)and WW2 Polish cavalry. I don't have any real gaps in my Napoleonic collection but it would be nice to see some sets for the Revolutionary Wars; 1792 - 1801...

confederate firing line, union iron brigade, confederate calvary skirmishers, Zouaves please!!!

Union and Confederate cavalry.The rebs would deserve two sets though,regulars and irregular units...Kansas bushwhacker types.

Apart from that I’m perfectly pleased to be surprised and delighted by wherever Strelets gaze lands next.

Thanks to all at Strelets for the hours of fun .Have a happy and safe Christmas.

I'd really like some Vietnam War and Korean War sets if you decide to move into post-'45 territory.

Otherwise the already mentioned SAS and LRDG, possibly ~5 sets for Crete (British/Australian infantry and heavy weapons, Fallschirmjager and heavy weapons, Greek regulars, and maybe Greek partizans and Gebirsjager), a set of DAK with heavy weapons, US marines and heavy weapons, Chinese infantry and heavy weapons (to go with the winter Japs), maybe Japanese paratrooper heavy weapons (tho this could be done with some headswaps and regular infantrymen if I'm correct), WW1 German infantry (Late War, NOT stormtroopers, but footsloggers with rifles and stuff), Hungarians in summer clothing (because the Hussars were awesome), Late War Brits (pretty please), German Revolution (Freikorps and stuff), Winter War Finnish and Russian heavy weapons, possibly a second set of Finns with more riflemen...

And above all - a reissue of your Crusade and Scottish War of Independence sets! Possibly in a big box format with some extra poses.

Oh yes.

Georgius' Vandals & Longobards,

Buddys Pirates & Black Pearl team + East India company staff (would take me away from ancients),

Baratheons Legionaries in bad situation – but not just imperial?
Indian Bandits and Thugees. LOTS of native americans...

Well, also one little Set of Avars, so they're not just Conversion-Guys. And my Grenadiers using Grenades come in mind again.

I would enjoy seeing WWII FFL heavy weapons (Anti-tank and mortars) and French Colonial troops for Vietnam (Moroccans, Algerians, Senegalese etc). I must admit that breaking sets up into infantry and infantry support is brilliant.
Warmest regards from a snowy Old North State,
Ole Ben

Strelets have some exciting sets in the pipeline but not these (so far):

1813/15 Prussian horse artillery

Austro-Prussian War 1866

Franco-Prussian War 1870/71

WW1 Serbian artillery, Serbian infantry in summer uniform, early war French and Austro-Hungarian cavalry

SCW / Rif War Spanish regular infantry

WW2 BEF 1940, Greek, Dutch, Chinese Nationalists, 14th Army

...and still more artillery!

For any manufacturer reading; 13th century medieval East Asia - China, Japan, Korea etc.

As that doesn't seem to be Strelets thing then any further Russian Civil War (plus WW1 Eastern Front that overlaps), related stuff that others have mentioned for the civil/border wars of the 1918-39 interwar period and lastly more War of 1812 sets.

First choices would be Napoleonic Russian Infantry in 1808-1812 Shako.

2nd choice Napoleonic Austrian Infantry in German & Hungarian style uniforms with Shakos

I would like to see what other skills our favourite new Napoleonic sculptor has, well we know he can sculpt Infantry but can he sculpt Horses?

If yes how about Napoleonic Prussian Uhlans they can also be used as Landwehr and Dragoons.

New Zealand land wars

Gallipoli ANZAC

Dragons Portes (WW2)

BEF (ww2)

Royal Marines (WW2)

Argentinians (1980s)

Iraqi (1990s)