Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
British 15 pounder 7cwt gun and crew

Well that made me smile, they look great and one more gap filled, thanks Strelets.

Re: British 15 pounder 7cwt gun and crew

Oh no, not more artillery. These look really good.

Hope get them before Christmas. They 're just amazing... Thanks strelets :heart_eyes:

One can appreciate beautiful figures in any period. The detail on the gun, the folds in the uniform, the well-proportioned hands and the excellent poses. Yet more top stuff from Strelets!

Great to finally see this new addition for the 2nd Boer War. I like them... really nice set. The guns can also be used for WWI German East Africa campaign, which is a bonus for me :+1: .

Wow, great British Boer War Artillery Set! For me, a Perfect 10 Score in every detail. Can't wait to be able to feel them in my hands. I sure would love to be able to have an updated British Infantry Set II maybe sometime next year? I just love the Boer Infantry and Cavalry Sets from the first round of production. I bought a zillion of them years ago. Really got lots of personality. And the Boer Long Tom coming out, too. I'm going to have to live to be 200 years old to have enough fun with my Strelets' Collection. Thank you so much Strelets Team, each and every one of you! - GC

Will a Royal Navy field gun race team ever be available?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxz4aPoudv8

Steve Pickstock
Will a Royal Navy field gun race team ever be available?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxz4aPoudv8
Did not realise that it was this type of artillery was used in the relief of Ladysmith. They were landed from the HMS Powerful and Terrible (cracking names for ships!). Worth looking up the story of where the name Ladysmith comes from.

Now that would be a set really worth buying! Pity that it is never seen on TV today stopped about 20 years ago - too political incorrect now or a casualty of the running down of so many royal navies bases? Would make a perfect Olympic event.

It is said that the RN has more admirals that ships now - true or not it is indicative of our times.

It came as a surprise to me when I first moved to Plymouth , how the city and the rest of the Navy view the gun teams that do the race (it still happens every year and is on TV ). They are not thought of well ! they are pretty much excused duty and allowed to hang out in the gym and train all day and go around like a bunch of posers. The "real" navy looks down at them, in an envious wish that was me kind of way :smile:

Alan Buckingham
It came as a surprise to me when I first moved to Plymouth , how the city and the rest of the Navy view the gun teams that do the race (it still happens every year and is on TV ). They are not thought of well ! they are pretty much excused duty and allowed to hang out in the gym and train all day and go around like a bunch of posers. The "real" navy looks down at them, in an envious wish that was me kind of way :smile:
Funny you say this. My neighbor (a proper old style warrant officer - around when rum was banned) made a similar point only yesterday -their own barracks and fed better.He was not very complementary about them. The only thing that has upset him more recently on TV is the program about HMS Duncan with a female captain!