Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lovin' them Prussians

The marching line infantry (already admired by others in a previous thread) and now the standing landwehr.

I look forward to filling out my 1813-15 Prussians with these.

Thank you, as ever, Strelets,

James

Re: Lovin' them Prussians

I agree totally with James and I am looking unpatient forward to held the prussians in my hands.

Strelets achieved it again and again to surprise me with their growing sets of soldiers - and now also with wonderful vivid prussians. Thanks a lot for it! May it continue to our and their pleasure.

Do you plan also firing and advancing prussians? There are a big lack of prussians in close combat which are need for Leipzig, Grossgorschen or Waterloo..... also with wounded and fallen prussians....

These are really nice & I cant wait to get my hands on the other Prussian sets as well bring it on!

Wonderful, wonderful...:santa:

Three Sets of Prussian troops...cant believe it...

But again Landwehr-Flagbeares .. something that never exists.. :dizzy_face:

Since the AIRFIX-Landwehr-Flagbearer they never disappear...
Again this old mistake..

C'est la guerre

Gerd
Wonderful, wonderful...:santa:

Three Sets of Prussian troops...cant believe it...

But again Landwehr-Flagbeares .. something that never exists.. :dizzy_face:

Since the AIRFIX-Landwehr-Flagbearer they never disappear...
Again this old mistake..
I appreciate your point but Gerd but I know that many wargamers take historical licence (me amongst them) & give units flags even when they did not carry them historically.

A flag makes identifying a unit on a crowded table much easier. It points out its facing & marks the Command stand. Further, I use the flag bearer of destroyed units to quickly comply Victory Points.
Indeed, in many a game, my miniature Napoleon is surrounded by the flags of destroyed Prussian units just as he was in real life.

You will be further horrified to hear my Hussar regiments all carry flags & eagles.
C'est la guerre.

donald

Re: C'est la guerre

For what it is worth, a bit of a ditto from me regarding the flags; i.e. pleased that they are there.

My understanding is that they carried flags early on and there is a bit of uncertainty as to whether some of them may have continued to carry flags, so that's enough for me following the wargamer's licence that Donald alluded to!! :)

What's not to love about more Prussians? :smile: :laughing:

The 3 upcoming Strelets sets are a valuable expansion of a crucial but otherwise insufficiently covered subject of the Napoleonic Wars. :+1:

Airfix figures are obsolete, Italeri ones are unusable, Revells are great but sadly of limited use, Waterloos are nicely sculpted but not without problems and although the respective Hät sets are above their usual low quality standards they only contain underwhelming pose numbers.

These fresh Strelets figures will hopefully form the starting point for an appropriate range of Napolenic Prussians finally.
After all, they were an essential part of the forces that actually brought Napoleon's reign to an end.
Hope that Strelets will add "in advance" sets in the same vein and, moreover, two other subjects of particular importance for the decisive Befreiungskriege 1813-15: Austrian & Russian infantry! :sweat_smile:

I do agree with you.

I think the strelets prusians are great.

I have to say that if somebody had told me 5 years ago that the best prussians were to be made by Strelets, It was something incredible for me to believe.

I thank them for changing my mind and also for finding this great sculptor as he gives the figures a real combat feeling.

The person who chose him and The artist himself avoid finally the chunky style that mades a plastic soldier a toy instead of a piece of art.

I pay 0 euros for chunky soldiers so now I am a good customer of strelets new products.

Vorwarts!!

More Prussians Landwehr marching towards the shop first Hat's sets followed by Strelets both beautiful perhaps Strelets have the edge we will see when they arrive, I also like the idea of a flagbearer being included great for Wargamers not so good for historical reenactors sorry Gerd. :heart_eyes:

Please Strelets give us some superb 1813-15: Austrian & Russian infantry next.