Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question and a very small moan.

Please Strelets consider making Vichy France (film Casablanca) & Army of the Levant; colonial troops both from Britsh empire &from French & Italian colonies. Wait in anticipation

Georgius
Please Strelets consider making Vichy France (film Casablanca) & Army of the Levant; colonial troops both from Britsh empire &from French & Italian colonies. Wait in anticipation
Certainly would go along with Vichy French as an extension of the FFL.

You can use Commonwealth uniforms as the legendary 13th Demi-Brigade FFL after Narvik ended up in Stoke on Trent before taking part in numerous campaigns with the British.

Certainly, North Africa in the first half of the 20th century was an interesting place.

Dear Graham,

we didn't make NA axis side due to numerous other companies' sets already made, whereas many CW units weren't available at all.
We can make some sets for the Axis in future, for example, we see a gap with heavy weapons, that remains yet to be filled.

Best regards,

Strelets

Thanks for your answer Strelets and I agree with regard to the DAK but Italian infantry are less well covered with the current sets of paratroopers being virtually useless as all are equipped with SMGs and ordinary infantry is either a mix of regulars,bersaglieri and blackshirt units. Ideally a set of regular infantry in desert gear (possibly bersaglieri with easily removable plumes would suffice) and if you really wanted to spoil us paratroops of the Folgore division with a realistic mix of weapons.I know I moaned but I love what you are doing at present and am really looking forward to the WWII FFL although some French colonial troops would also be very welcome.

Dear Graham,

Italian line for the desert is being developed by an Italian company that's doing that very well. We'd rather not interfere into their area of interest, after all, manufacturers have their preferences and soft spots as well.

Best regards,

Strelets

Here's another vote for French "Colonial" infantry, i. e. Africans fighting for France in WW1 and 2.

Graham, there are some figures in the "X MAS" set from Waterloo11815 to add some riflemen to the Folgore, plus some more if you are prepared for headswaps. The sculptor seems to be the same, size and stlye are a perfect match.

I agree the existing sets of Italians are somewhat lacking, the best ones are too tall, so I'd welcome a new set.

Very much looking forward to Strelets' Italian artillery set!

Thanks for that I knew about the X mas and have looked at them in the past but obviously didn't pick up on the fact that some are wearing parachutist type uniform. Now to see if I can track them down as I doubt if this was very popular set.

Strelets
We can make some sets for the Axis in future, for example, we see a gap with heavy weapons, that remains yet to be filled.

Agreed, although we have some decent infantry sets, there is a noticeable gap when it comes to heavy weapons for the Afrikakorps.

We could do with more & better infantry support weapons (tripod mounted MG 34 and 8cm Granatwerfer 34 with sufficient crews) and a good number of appropriate Landsers manning light to medium artillery and AT- or AA-guns.

As much as Waterloos efforts are appreciated, I would love to see Italian support weapons and light artillery for NA covered by Strelets as well. :wink:

Re: So many smg's

Graham Korn
I've just painted a platoon of Indian infantry for Western desert and they are great but why so many SMGs? I hope that in future sets you include a much higher proportion of the standard issue rifle which was by far the most prevalent weapon.

I'm afraid this is par for the course with all WWII plastic infantry sets, more sub machine guns than were ever made, never mind actually issued to the troops. It's just something we have to accept - a phenomenon known as "Thompson's Curse"