Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French colonial infantry

Yes, nice little set up Mr Cavalcanti. As Mr B says, it's good to see under represented troops depicted. Great conversions, imaginative work, thanks for sharing.

Absolutely gorgeous. Where did the heads come from? I know these are WWI but I've just started playing Western desert, so am anxiously awaiting the FFL for Bir Hakeim but I would dearly love to have Senegalese troops to attack Italian forts with. Currently trying hard to resist buying the Italeri Beau Geste set and all the Arab rising stuff and the Rif war stuff when it comes out. I'd also love colonial infantry for the fall of France.

Hi , Graham

The heads were modified, enlarged in size and dimensions with mass and copied in resin using heads of some Arab figures of the manufacturer Nikolai Miniatures.

Regards.

Thanks for the info Jaques, sounds a bit more technical than a headswop from another set of figures. I think I'll just have to hope that Strelets decide to do colonial troops at some point.

Graham Korn
Thanks for the info Jaques, sounds a bit more technical than a headswop from another set of figures. I think I\\\'ll just have to hope that Strelets decide to do colonial troops at some point.
If you want, I can make a few more copies of the heads and send it to you.

Thanks for very kind offer but as I would want to do a platoon for Bolt Action I'd need about 35 and that is a lot more than a few extras! obviously I wouldn't dream of asking you to that level of effort.

great work, they look better than my conversions using Waterloo 1815 figures